Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

13 random thoughts/happenings/fiascos/adventures that we endured during the Christmas holidays.....

1.) We left on Sunday morning. Richard worked the night before. He was tired. Then when we got to my cousins', he started drinking. By 5:00 that evening, he was ready to collapse. He said that he was fighting to keep his eyes open after seeing gift after gift after gift. LOL! We got him into the car and he slept the entire way home. Kyra rode with Papoo to Victoria and Maeve watched DVDs in the back.

2.) However, later that night, he did finally get up and since he was still "abuzz", he wanted to "like me more than usual." LOL!

3.) Christmas morning, we went to church and my dad proceeded to tell me that the priest that we had was just ordained a few months ago. He was awesome.....very well spoken. He swayed back and forth when he spoke and was very into his sermon and the Mass overall. What an awesome experience we had seeing him preside over his first Christmas Mass.

4.) My sister and BIL came to my dad's (Christmas is also my dad's birthday) and we had the traditional hot dogs with all of the trimmings for lunch. LOL! Yummy!

5.) The kids got a loot of gifts from my sister and BIL and my dad. Remind me to give Lisa and Nathan's children plenty of gifts that are LOUD and contain LOTS of pieces. ;)

6.) We went to MIL's house to find that Richard's cousin from Alabama was down. Richard was so funny. He was like, "Is that Ashley sleeping on the sofa?" His mom said, "Yes." Then he scared her half to death by yelling at her to get up. LOL!

7.) Once again, more loots of gifts. Overall, Maeve wasn't that into the gift opening. She was more into stealing others' gifts. LOL!

8.) BIL said that he "forgot" my gift at home. I think that he "forgot" to buy one. So, I got my gift the day after Christmas....a slew of Bath and Body Works stuff and a $40 gift card to Victoria's Secret. WTF? I'll take it! Honestly, I'm wondering if he was trying to make Richard look bad. ;)

9.) Christmas night was relaxing. Kyra spent the night at MIL's and we took Maeve back to my dad's and put her to bed early. We just sat up and talked.....just Richard and I.

10.) We went to pick Kyra up yesterday (on the 26th) and then came back home. We were so flippin happy to be home. I longed to sleep in my own bed. I felt icky because I ate and hadn't exercised since Saturday, so Maeve and I went for a 4 mile run. That felt good.

11.) By last night, my house was trashed. I didn't care. The kids were happy. They were busy playing with their toys and out of my hair! LOL!

12.) I love Christmas and all, but hate the aftermath. I feel like I have a Christmas hangover. There are still toys everywhere and toys that need to be taken to the consignment shop. We have too many of them. Oh, and the laundry! We were only gone for 3 days! I swear it never ends.

13.) I go to the gym today to teach and I weigh myself. I always weigh on Wednesdays on the exact same scale. I pray that the scale gods are very kind to me. I step on today and see that I'm down another 2 lbs. WTF? I've lost 4 lbs. in a little over 2 weeks. Damn I hope this trend continues. That 10-15 lbs. that I want to lose doesn't seem so unrealistic now.

Hope your Christmas was filled with joy and surprises! And Happy 2007! May it be your best year yet!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! That sounds wild! I was almost un-tired and reading this wiped me out again.

Loved the thing with Richard and Ashley. I wish I could have seen that!