Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Long term memory....

The other day, Kyra drew a picture. This is exactly what it says, "Gane, I lov you bot I am sad id you are in Hivin." Translated, this says, "Granny, I love you but I am sad is you are in Heaven." She even drew a picture of a cemetery with a picture of Granny "in a box" as she likes to call it.

First of all, the picture brought me to tears. It's just so sweet to see this. I remember the last time I spoke to Granny. She said, "Kyra will never remember me." Well, I think that this is proof that Kyra does remember her.

Kyra prays for Granny a lot. I used to say, "Oh Kyra, Granny's not sick anymore, so let's pray for someone else." Now I don't say that. When Kyra prays for her, I know that she's thinking of her. She prayed for her tonight in fact.

When Granny passed away, Kyra was days away from being 3 years old. Since she remembers her funeral so clearly, I think she was getting her long term memory. One of the earliest memories that I can recall was my sister being born and being a baby. I was almost 3 too. So I guess that it happens around that age.

I love the fact that Kyra is writing sentences now. She has some pretty interesting things to write about too. In fact, we are running out of paper in the house. ;)

No comments: