Sunday, December 17, 2006

When all else fails, brag......

Miss Maeve is testing my limits. Often. I think the terrible two's have hit quite early. My good friend, Daryl has told me to focus on the positive about my precious little girl. It's so hard these days. But instead of blogging about the negative, I do choose to accentuate the positive. *gulp* Here it goes.

-When she wakes up in the morning, she wants me. She gives me her blankie and then wants me to pick her up out of the crib. She wants to snuggle. So I sit on the sofa with her....my feet propped up. I turn on the TV and just hold her. She lays on me for a good 5-10 minutes. I savor this time with her. It's the only time of the day when she's still. I think that she does this because we nursed for so long. It's all that she knew how to do when she'd wake up. So even though we're done nursing, she still wants to snuggle. *sigh*

-Her babbling has turned into talking! Sure she sounds like she's speaking in Chinese most of the time, but familiar words are becoming more frequent. The other day she couldn't find me, so she said, "Mommy.....where are you?" LOL! She'll pretty much attempt to repeat anything. It's quite funny.

-She can climb on the swingset slide all by herself and slide down all by herself! YAY! This is HUGE! Kyra did this at a young age too, but I think Maeve's climbing abilities made this so easy to learn how to do.

-Separation anxiety is disappearing! YAY! She has warmed up to so many people (and dogs) lately. She now likes her Uncle Nate. She likes Raider. She had a blast with her "Aunt" Melissa and "Uncle" Dean last night (her Godparents). There's no doubt in my mind that she'll be ready for preschool next fall.

-She loves to dance. This kid gets down and boogies. She loves the dance studio where Kyra takes dancing. She's welcome to take dancing there when she potty trains....even if she's not 3 years old yet. I can totally see this as a bribery tactic! LOL!

-Christmas is magical for her this year. She's totally into Santa and the lights and decorations. She points them out when I put her in the jogger for my run. I've decided that one night this week, I'm going to put her in the stroller and take her around the neighborhood so she can see everything lit up close. She'll love that.

-Her blue eyes still captivate me. I sit in awe of her. I still can't believe she's mine.

-Her big belly laugh is infectious.

-Today she walked around the house with a bucket on her head. She had no idea where she was going. She was bumping into things and laughing hysterically. Again, she's weird, but I love her.

I feel much better now. I'm off to cuddle with my Mama Bear.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww! Yes, do focus on the positives. Granted I can only speak about my dog-rearing experiences but he is finally getting SO MUCH BETTER! that I can't figure out why I was so stressed over the negatives at all!

I love hearing about the girls and their adventures and experiences.

Way to go, you awesome mom!

Kim said...

Jen posted, Jen posted! LOL!

Thanks! You're so sweet!

And YAY Leo!