Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Reality has hit.....

I went and registered Kyra for Kindy today. I cannot believe that she'll be going to school in August. The BIG SCHOOL. I was fine with preschool. I think it's because there are so many "little" kids out there. Today I got a glimpse of the "big" kid life and I wasn't so sure about it. I sat in a little hallway at a table filling out all of the forms and during that time, several classes had walked by. I heard a teacher tell some kids to quit tattling. Another kid walked by and asked what I was doing there. Another kid was bleeding on his leg and was almost celebrating it! LOL!

It was then that I thought, "My baby is going to be subjected to all of this soon." Up until now, she's been pretty sheltered at a Christian preschool. She's made friends easily. She adores her teachers and she loves all of the arts and crafts that they've done. I hope and pray that she loves Kindy too. My Kyra is so sensitive. She was crying today when I picked her up from school because they didn't have Stretch N' Grow (their fitness program) today. She told me that another girl pushed her in chapel and that upset her. I just want her to have fun and fit in. I think I'm worried more than she is. She's ready to go and would go tomorrow if she could. She's eager to learn. The other night she said, "I know I'm going to have homework, but that's ok." She's so stimulated by learning. And for that I'm grateful.

So pray for me on August 21st. I'll need it. :(

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'd offer to comfort you come August....but after sending both of my last babies to school, I'll probably already be in the mental insitution by then....

(((us))))

Jen said...

Wow- from my mom's thoughts and experiences, I hear it's always harder on the parents than it is on the kids. I hope that Kyra is able to stay sweet, polite and well-behaved... but on the other hand, if she needs to, I hope she figures out real quick how to dish it out as well and it's given to her!