Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

13 of my favorite "feel good" songs.....

1.) "My Sharona" by The Knack- This song was in "Reality Bites" and was played a lot during my senior year in high school. I know it's an older song though. But whenever I hear it, I crank up the radio and jam out! It's actually the inspiration for this list because I heard it on the way to the gym this morning. :)

2.) "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett- This is the ultimate "drunk anthem". Who hasn't sang this song when drunk? LOL!

3.) "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins- If this song doesn't make you get up and dance, then something's wrong. ;)

4.) "If" by Janet Jackson- I know that she has a lot of other good songs, but I love this one!

5.) "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright- Don't laugh. I heard this song the other day. There's something about it that I really like. The beginning sounds so psychodelic! LOL!

6.) "Little Less Conversation" by Elvis- Another doozy huh? I like it though!

7.) "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin- The song says it all!

8.) "Love Shack" by the B-52's- "TIN ROOF.....RUSTED!" LOL!

9.) "Bust A Move" by Young M.C.- I heard this one on the radio today too!

10.) "Mickey" by Toni Basil- This is the ultimate roller skating anthem. I hear this song and immediately think of the skating rink, which was my favorite hangout as a kid.

11.) "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison- It's one of my sister's favorites too!

12.) "Take Me Out To The Dancehall" by Pat Green- You just want to get up and dance when you hear it.

13.) "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynryd Skynryd- Another oldie but goodie!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I don't know about #2 because I have never been drunk.

I love #11. Because I am a brown-eyed girl.

The Top Gun song by Kenny Loggins (Danger Zone?) always makes me want to dance.

My TT is up!

Jen said...

#s 1, 8, 9, 10...no wonder we're such good friends!

Sonya said...

Don't forget Baby Got Back. LOL! I love all these songs and have them all. My T13 is up too!