Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

13 things that ROCK!

1.) Taking an uninterrupted shower- For example, today Kyra was at school and Maeve was taking a nap. It was sooooo nice not having someone (Kyra) barging in and mumbling about something.

2.) Hearing "I love you mommy!" several times a day- Thanks Kyra! I love you too!

3.) Having a sister that just "takes over"- I swear mine's a saint. She loves my kids. She's like a mother to them. She helps me when I ask her to and even when I don't ask her to. What would I do without her? I only hope that I can repay the favor one day. ;)

4.) Having kids that go to bed early- Mine are almost always in bed around 8:30 and it's soooo nice! I finally get some peace and quiet!

5.) E-mail- What did we ever do without it? It's so easy to keep in touch with friends and family members and for someone that hates talking on the phone, it's a godsend!

6.) Richard's "shop"- It's an awesome room! I use it to work out in. This morning I did Body Flow and blared the music and didn't even wake Richard up in the house! Good insulation and surround sound ROCKS! ;)

7.) Having a husband that's off on Mondays and Tuesdays- Those are my main workout/errand days and it's wonderful to get out of the house with no kids or just one kid! YAY!

8.) Living about 1/2 mile from an HEB- We are so spoiled by "the store". And the Walmart that they are building here is even closer! SWEET!

9.) The portable DVD player- As I've stated in a previous post, I love this thing! It's a great tool for me to learn my choreography and it keeps kids happy in the car! Too cool!

10.) The DVR- For those that don't know, DVR stands for Digital Video Recorder. It's like Tivo. I love it. It makes me happy. It also makes me not miss my favorite tv shows. It's hard to be able to sit down and watch an entire show when you have kids. Now I don't have to worry. :)

11.) Small town living- I love it out here. Granted this area is growing, but you still get that small town "feel" around here. Everyone is so nice and friendly. It makes me really happy that my kids will grow up here. Richard keeps saying that we are going to buy land west of here soon and move even further out in the country! LOL!

12.) Baby babble- I've missed it. Maeve's brought it back! ;)

13.) Staying home with my kids- I'm fortunate and lucky. Having just a wee amount of debt because of it is sooooo worth it. I don't think I'll ever look back and ponder this time and say, "I really wish I would have worked when my kids were little and spent less time with them." ;)

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Great list! Mine is up this week too!

Jen said...

Good for you! You keep enjoying those things, find more things to enjoy and add to the list and stand your ground on staying at home with the girls! (otherwise you might miss the UPS guy) ;)