Friday, April 07, 2006

The portable DVD player and how I love thee....

I swear that this thing is a lifesavor. Here's how ours came about.

It was just before Christmas and Richard wanted to get one for Kyra, so he went to WallyWorld dot com and ordered one to be shipped here to the house. That same night I talked to my sister on the phone and told her what we were getting for Kyra. Her first words were, "Uh oh." It turns out that she had already gone out and bought one for Kyra so it could be from my dad for Christmas. So when ours was shipped here to the house, Richard ended up taking it back and WallyWorld was even kind enough to refund the shipping! Kyra got the portable DVD player for Christmas and I thought, "Wow, this will be such a lifesavor in the car and in her room. She has plenty of DVDs to play on it." Well guess who's been using it a heck of a lot more than Kyra? MEEEEEEE! I love it.

I took it to my Body Step training back in February and used it in the gym, in the car, and at a friend's house to learn my choreography. Here at home, I put it right next to the computer and play the DVD or CD over and over again and learning choreography has been a heck of a lot easier with it around. I can tote it in the bedroom or outside in Richard's shop and set up a CD in it and a DVD in Richard's player out there and switch back and forth. The uses are endless.

I just had to blog about this little savvy machine. It's sitting here oh so close to me and just being my best friend. It feels good to be on the verge of dumping (literally) my other best friend, the breast pump. That's a whole different post though. ;)

No comments: