Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....

13 things that I wish I had more time for:

1.) Reading- I used to be such a book person. All of that has been put on the backburner since I have kids. Now I have no idea what I'd be interested in reading. Any ideas?

2.) Organizing photographs in albums- I'm so far behind on this that it's not even funny. I wanted to have some put together for Maeve's 1st birthday party for people to look at, but I don't think it's going to happen. *sigh*

3.) Movies- Again, like reading, this used to be high on my list of things to do. Now all I go to the theater for is kids' movies and all we rent are kids' movies. I can't remember the last time I went out on a "date" with my husband to a movie. It's so sad. :(

4.) Working out- I bet you're shaking your head on this one, but I truly wish that I could get a few more "hard core" workouts in per week. I do Body Step on Mondays and Tuesdays and teach Flow on Wednesdays, but lack any type of workout structure on the other days. I haven't really tried to keep Maeve in the Kids' Club at the gym much. So we stay home and when she naps, I usually do things outside in Richard's shop. It's hard to get motivated at home though.

5.) Dusting- I can keep a somewhat clean and picked up house, but I am really lazy in the dust department. I need to get in the girls' rooms and wipe everything down. I've been thinking about it, but just haven't done it. :(

6.) Talking on the phone- I don't really like to talk on the phone because it's not that much fun when you have an 11 month old fussing in the background and a 4 1/2 year old wanting to talk to whoever it is that you're TRYING to talk to. I wish I had more peace and quiet so that I could actually get in a decent adult conversation with my sister or my friend, Jen. By the time it's quiet around here, I'm ready to relax and then go to bed.

7.) Cooking- This is so hard to do now because Maeve likes to follow me everywhere and her favorite place is the kitchen. She pulls on my leg and wants me to pick her up. I can't cook with a 20+ pound kid on my hip that grabs at everything! So, our meals are simple and short. We eat whatever, whenever. *sigh*

8.) TV- I only tape a handful of shows on the DVR. I wish I had more time to devote to some dramas like "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy"....you know shows that everyone talks about. But somehow I stray away from those and get more into documentary type shows. My new favorite show is "Mystery Diagnosis" on the Discovery Health Channel. Richard even watches it with me!

9.) Traveling- I really want to see more places. We're just so tied down with the kids right now. I hope that will change once they get a little older and we can leave them behind. ;)

10.) Volunteering at Kyra's school- This is so hard for me to do right now since Maeve is so little. I hope to do more when Kyra is in Kinder. I think it's very important for parents to be involved as much as possible. I'll probably have even more time to do it once Maeve is in Mother's Day Out in the Fall of 2007.

11.) Spending quality time with my husband- This means WITHOUT the kids. I want dinner and a movie! Anything! LOL!

12.) Shopping- But I'd need the money for it first! ;)

13.) "Scripting" my classes- I know the choreography, but wish I had more time to sit down and think about what I'm going to say in a class. I want to create a more meaningful experience for my participants. I think it would help them to get more out of the class. And it would help me have more self-confidence as an instructor.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I hate dusting. The only reasons I do it now is because I have time, because it kills time, and because "dust" at my house = a rather thick layer of cathair that you just can't ignore and don't want visitors (what visitors?) to see.

Reading...what would Kim like to read...I'd start out with something lighthearted that didn't require too much thought or focus, until you decide what your style is...
Heck, maybe Kyra's even old enough for you to start reading some chapter books like the Ramona series or the Boxcar Children aloud...at least you'd get a higher level of book read...

;) I bet you get the album thing done somehow...

I don't mind our phone conversations. It makes me feel like I'm right there, involved in your life. You know how alone I feel most of the time right now- it helps me to hear kids chattering, even if it bugs you!

Kim said...

Chelle, you might want to try looking into Yoga or Pilates. I teach Body Flow and it's a mixture of both plus a little bit of Tai Chi. Body Flow is only offered in certain gyms though. Do you go to a gym at all? If not, then maybe checking into getting your hands on some Yoga or Pilates videos might be a start. I think that the gym is so good though because in those classes, the instructor can adjust you and answer any questions that you might have. These are workouts that will be very gentle on your body too.

You can find a locator in the US by going to http://www.lesmillsusa.com

Good Luck!