Friday, April 07, 2006

My Energizer Bunny.....

The more and more I get to know Maeve, the more and more I realize that she's a clone of her daddy. She has boundless energy and sleep seems to be the last thing on her mind. Lately, she's been fighting her morning naps. Well, she doesn't actually cry in her crib. She sits, stands, and lays down and just plays and plays till she finally konks out an hour or two later. I don't remove her and let her get even more tired because I do want her to get the hint that it's time to go "night, night". She just has so many things to do and talk about that she's not thinking about a nap. She's got a plan....an agenda. She crawls around the house and has this fire in her eyes. She thinks about where she's going and goes there. She sees something that she wants and pulls herself up to try and reach it. She's determined. She's hard headed. And she's loud....very loud! She wants us to know that she's in the room. Oh and if she can't find me, she crawls around the house until she does and then bursts into laughter. Yes, we are going to have our hands full with this one. ;)

No comments: