Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

13 things that I have learned in the past year:
(In honor of Maeve!)

1.) You are even more hungry when you're breastfeeding than when you were pregnant. I didn't think this was possible, but I was famished those first few weeks and ate everything and still got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight! Breastfeeding really does help you lose weight (well in the beginning anyway....now is a different story).

2.) It's possible to have a child with blue eyes. I guess that Maeve has that recessive gene. ;)

3.) Breastmilk does have the ability to spew across the room during a forceful letdown. I can't count how many times Maeve has pulled off and I've either sprayed her in the face or gotten the recliner wet. *sigh*

4.) It *is* possible for a 4 year old to remove her 5 month old sister from the crib in her room and carry her to the Bumbo seat in the living room....and all without our knowledge. *shudder*

5.) Breastmilk poops don't stink. (I never believed this one, but it's true)

6.) Biting hurts.....very bad. :(

7.) A runny nose most often means that there's a tooth on the way. And the teeth come in two's. If one pops through, there's almost always another that will come through as well.

8.) Just because Kyra slept through the night at 10 months and slept 12 hours straight, doesn't mean a thing. Maeve has other ideas. If there's a "party" going on, then she WILL NOT sleep.

9.) Pumping is fun! (NOT!)

10.) Nipple confusion is a horrible, horrible thing.

11.) Most conversations with moms that I've met with kids Maeve's age begin with, "Are you nursing?"

12.) It *is* possible to have a 4 year old escape the jealousy that comes with a new sibling. From the beginning, Kyra and I have had one day per week where we do "our thing". We go to the gym, go to the grocery store, and go to the library and pick out books for her. It's worked for us.

13.) The bond between sisters is immeasureable. My two girls are already the best of friends. My heart melts when one of them makes the other one laugh. :)

No comments: