Sunday, April 02, 2006

Walmart on a Saturday evening....

Ugh. It's not the greatest place to be. All I had to pick up was some photos that I had uploaded online and some new crayons for Kyra. That's it.

So I'm in the line to pick up my photos and I hear on the loudspeaker, "This is an Amber Alert for a 10 year old boy in a gray shirt. Your mother is looking for you. Please come to ladies' apparel immediately." WTF? How on earth would the kid know where ladies' apparel is in a Walmart Supercenter?

I got lost once. It was in a Weiner's (low-end department store). They took me to customer service and described what I was wearing. They asked me what my mom's name was and I said, "Mommy." My mom came immediately and got me. I would think that the same thing would have happened with this little boy. But I guess his mom was looking for him before he was looking for his mom. Oh and I taught Kyra at a very young age what her mommy and daddy's "real" names are.

Also, I think all teenagers in town are working at Walmart on the weekends. Ugh. Kyra could have checked me out faster than some of them. They were just taking their sweet little time. I could tell that some people were just as frustrated as I was....especially since they have all of these people waiting in line and about 3 lanes open. Grrrrrr! It's a Saturday! It's a weekend!

I sincerely hope that the Walmart here in Buda is better than the one in South Austin. And kudos to our HEB here in Buda for having every lane open most of the time. You rock!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Your Wal-Mart sounds nicer than mine...want to trade? I still haven't been to one as open, clean and uncrowded as the one back home in Marble Falls.

Kim said...

It's the Walmart at Slaughter and 35. Usually I just go during the week and it's fine.

However, they are building a HUGE one here in Buda....about 1/4 of a mile from my house....right behind Cabelas.

Jen said...

LOL! Have you seen this?

We passed two kids in Wal-Mart on Sunday. They were dressed in church clothes and were hitting each of the inflated balls in the wire ball-holder thingy in the middle of the toy section one-at-a-time so that the balls all flew out of the basket and across the store. I made a "to be overheard on purpose" comment to Kevin about how church was a mean thing to do to kids, keeping them still, quiet and pent up for hours, then taking them to Wal-Mart in that state, to piss off all the other shoppers.

Kim said...

OMG Jen, I'm going to have nightmares about that person! Ugh! And that music playing in the background was creepy.

I would have been on the a$$ of those kids' parents. Really. That's totally uncalled for. Kyra knows that if she makes one bad move, we are outta there!