Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cleanup on aisle 14.....

Ah yes, those are the words that you never want to hear while in a grocery store and know that they pertain to you. *sigh*

I took Maeve grocery shopping today while Kyra was at school. Richard and I took Maeve to two different Academys over the weekend and she was really good, so I decided to take her to HEB today.

She was really, really good. She just babbled and babbled and looked at everything. She even got some admirers. One little girl kept saying, "Hi baby!" as we met in a few aisles. It was so cute.

Then we come to aisle 14. One one side of aisle 14 is all baby stuff. On the other side is cosmetics. I had just grabbed some jars of baby food and put them into the 3/4 full basket. I was grabbing a few other baby items when it occured to me that my child has little hands that like to touch and feel and grab and THROW. OMG. The next think I knew, she had grabbed a jar of baby food and threw it on the ground. Of course the floors are concrete, so the jar broke and there was glass and pureed baby food everywhere. I called upon the sweet, sweet cosmetics lady who said that she'd take care of it and said, "Don't worry, this happens everyday. I promise." Uh huh. Sure it does. You're only saying that to make me feel better.

She leaves the aisle and then I hear on the loudspeaker, "Cleanup on aisle 14." Yeah, thanks Maeve! We hightailed it out of aisle 14 as fast as we could. *blush*

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOL! It could have been worse...she could have cleared the whole shelf!!

(((you)))

Jen said...

...Oh dear...