Friday, March 03, 2006

It's been one of those days....

I love my kids, but I don't have to like them all the time, right? Ugh. Today I seriously contemplated driving to the store and buying some wine so that I can chill out.

Maeve has been horribly defiant today. She cries. I pick her up. Then she's crying because she wants to be put down so that she can get into everything. WTF? Kid, you're confusing me. I feel like a failure today. I have tried and tried to comfort her, but nothing works. I think she needs to take longer naps. 2 hours just isn't long enough for her to be rested and happy. I remember that Kyra's naps were 3-4 hours long each. Maeve is sleeping well at night (knock on wood), but is just so darn fussy during the day. I'm waiting for the dreaded runny nose to show up. Then I'll know that another tooth is on its way. I've put her in her crib for the second time today just to play because that's where she's happiest. I can't wait to feed her dinner and give her a bath. Maybe that'll relax her a bit.

Kyra is so darn needy today too. She's been begging for food and drink. I promise I'm not starving the kid. ;) She had me paint her fingernails and toenails and now wants me to help her with her magnetic calendar. She printed something out on the computer and wanted me to cut everything out for her. Ugh. I need a break!

I'm going to bed tonight praying for a better day tomorrow. Richard has to work all weekend, so I'm on my own.....again. :(

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well, maybe you should start keeping a bottle of wine onhand for emergencies...

Take Maeve to the bowling alley and put her in a playpen while you throw heavy balls at pins- no kidding, there were people there last night doing just that. Bring the baby, bring the playpen, set it up...

Only in Texas...

Kim said...

Knowing Maeve, she'd want to bowl! LOL! I can see her crawling down the lane! ;)

That kid DOES NOT sit still at all. Ugh.