Friday, March 17, 2006

It's shaping up to be a lazy weekend.....

Richard has to work all weekend and it's supposed to rain. A LOT. I hope the weather gods get it right this time because we really need the rain.

I had every intention of taking the girls to the gym this morning, but Maeve is super fussy, was warm this morning (I'm thinking low grade fever), and only took an hour nap. So, we are staying home. I'll work out outside in Richard's shop this afternoon. I'm going to run through the entire Body Flow release. I'll focus more on Step tomorrow. Have I mentioned how interesting it is to learn 2 programs at once? My brain is in Les Mills mode all day long. I have the portable DVD player sitting next to this computer and I keep playing the DVDs and CDs over and over again. Richard said that sooner or later I'll learn everything. LOL! Oh and I have a teeny tiny crush on the new guy in the Flow DVD. I wish that I could have gone to a Quarterly to see him. I bet he's even yummier in person. ;)

I think that Maeve has some teeth shifting around too. Lovely. She's had her entire fist in her mouth for the past 2 days. That kid always decides to cut teeth on a weekend! LOL! Right now, she's "talking" to the Teletubbies.

Kyra embarrassed the heck out of me yesterday. We went to a birthday party for one of her friends and they had one of those pinatas where everyone pulls a ribbon and the candy falls out. Kyra was in the middle of it all and the kids were grabbing the candy and I hear this scream and see Kyra stand up and start stomping around and throw a full-blown tantrum. I immediately take her in the house and calm her down and tell her that we need to apologize to the little girl having the party AND her mother. When we went back outside, all of the girls were giving Kyra their candy. It was so sweet. But when I heard Kyra's yell, my heart sank. I knew it was MY KID that was misbehaving. I dreaded doing something about it, but she had to learn. She never acts like that, so I was a bit surprised. The mom that hosted the party *tried* to make me feel better by saying that her daughter did the same thing at a party the other weekend.

Oh and I found out that a lot of 4-5 year olds eat like Kyra does. Thank God I'm not alone. I think they are in that transitional age where they are still exposed to a lot of junk, yet don't know the meaning of healthy foods just quite yet. Kyra tried to convince me to give her potato chips for a snack this morning. I didn't give in. She got some graham crackers instead. Granted the graham crackers probably had a lot of sugar, but they sound better than potato chips, right? (BTW, my DAD is the one that buys Kyra potato chips and Cheetos, so I'm not the guilty party on that either.)

Have a great weekend! I might blog if something blog-worthy comes up!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Kyra can to got doggy obedience classes with Kansas- go read Kansas' blog if you need to know what I'm talking about. I know she's a dog, but I so understand that heart-sinking feeling.

However, I don't think that was quite as embarassing to you as it would have been if you'd been the mother of the little girl in the vet's office this past weekend. She was Kyras age, I'm certain. She went to use the bathroom while her mom go their dog checked in and found a seat. Then she comes waddling out of the bathroom, pants around her ankles "Mom. Mooom..." and there's poor Kevin looking around "what? what's going on?" He couldn't see the bare-assed kid because a bench was in between him and her but I instructed him not to look, anyway, so he wouldn't embarass the mom any worse (or the kid). The mom was gasping "MORGAN! PULL YOUR PANTS UP! YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT YOURSELF!" and running around the place in a tizzy.

Ah, Saturday mornings taking your kids to the vet...

Graham crackers have the auntie Jen seal of approval. I ate more than my share as a teen, adult and aerobics instructor. They have to be better than normal cookies...I've never checked, though...Just don't let her break a whole package in half, put 'em in a bowl, drown 'em in milk and eat 'em with a spoon like cereal as one girl I used to babysit did. That was outrageous.