Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....

13 best decisions that I've ever made (some along with some help, of course).......

1.) I'm so glad that my best friend Kristen gave this guy my phone number. He called me one night and I agreed to a blind date. Soon after that, I asked him to the prom. He went with me. Oh, and did I mention that his name was Richard? ;)

2.) I'm glad that Richard and I got married while we were young. Usually people regret it, but I don't. We got married in June of '98 and his dad passed away in October '99. He was so happy that Richard and I were together, so I'm glad that he got to see us have the big wedding that he always wanted Richard to have.

3.) I'm so glad that my friend Shannon talked me into joining a gym way back in February of '94. Goodness has it been that long? Granted it took me MONTHS to set foot in the aerobics room, but once I did, I never left! LOL! I made some great friends in the early gym days including my friend Lynette who I stayed with this past weekend.

4.) I'm so glad that Richard left me a note in December of '99 saying that he went to go get a puppy. He came home with her and I immediately fell in love. I was a bit nervous because I'd never had a dog before. But we made the adjustment and couldn't have been happier with Miss Mia. You see, Mia started a trend. After Mia came Calli and after Calli came Raider and now Megan and Mike have Duke. These are all people that would have never gotten dogs before. Oh and I must mention how Mia has melted the hearts of many, but mostly my dad. He did not like dogs to much, but when Mia came along, that was it. Mia worships him and vice versa. :)

5.) I'm so glad that we got pregnant with Kyra when we did. We tried for 10 months. It was a long 10 months, but I honestly believe that it wasn't meant to happen any earlier than it did. And Kyra got to spend a lot of precious time with my Granny before she died. At least my Granny got to see one of her great-grandchildren. Also, Kyra will never forget her. She still talks about her a few times a week.

6.) I'm so glad that I signed up to take the personal training workshop in October of '99. That's where I met Jen! She's one of my best friends and we are so much alike that it's scary! LOL! ;)

7.) I'm so glad that I got talked into taking the Body Flow training in October of '02. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but I soon found out that I was stepping way out of my comfort zone. Teaching this class has changed me as an instructor and as a person. I've completely changed my views on yoga and have exercised in ways that I never thought were possible. It has improved me physically and mentally.

8.) I'm so glad that Richard ventured to this neighborhood after stopping by his friend's house back in May of 2003. He saw this house and called right away for a showing. He talked me into coming with him and we decided that we had to have it. It was the best move that we could have ever made. Our neighborhood in Austin was getting scarier and scarier and I'm so glad that we moved out of the city. It's quieter out here and the schools are fabulous. It's definitely given me the piece of mind that I longed for.

9.) I'm so glad that we decided to wait till Kyra was at least 3 to have another baby. It's been a breeze adjusting to having 2 kiddos. Kyra has been the biggest help and hasn't expressed any jealousy or hatred at all so far. I have been able to concentrate on nursing and Kyra's been very patient with that. She totally understands. I'm so proud of her. Even though they are 4 years apart, there's no doubt in my mind that they will be the best of friends.

10.) I'm so glad that we decided to upgrade from a minivan to a suburban. Good Lord, did we need the room. To this day, we have no 3rd seat in the suburban and I LOVE IT! There's plenty of room back there for all of the crap that we seem to drag along on trips. Richard says that we pack our entire house. I believe it. LOL!

11.) I'm so glad that I was so persistent with breastfeeding this time around. Before Maeve was born, we took a 3 hour breastfeeding class. I also got lots of info. online and just learned as much as I could. After Maeve was born, I had help from a lactation consultant and Richard was so supportive during his month off and he still is! It's been a wonderful 10 months. It got so much easier after about 8 weeks or so. Richard tells his friends that we are still at it and is praising me for all of the money that we've saved by not having to buy formula. I guess he's somewhat proud. ;) I have no idea when I want to wean. I hope that it happens slowly within the next 6 months or so.

12.) I'm so glad that I took the Body Step training this past weekend! I got the call late last Wednesday and decided to do it! It was an exhausting weekend, but I'm so glad that I did it! It's yet another adventure that I've decided to embark on. I can't wait to start teaching!

13.) I'm so glad that I decided to start a blog. ;)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you and all the good things in your life! I am so glad I was at that personal trainer certification and met up with you, too!

And I'm excited about Duke and can't wait until you guys get your next fur-baby. I read that Megan's having a girl! How exciting!

Lynda said...

Aren't #4 and #10 the same?

Great list!

Kim said...

LOL! Oooops! I went back and changed the order. Let me fix that!