Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm still here!

I'm sorry it's been a while since you've seen a post. I'm still sitting here in "choreography-land" and trying to avoid it at all costs. I have 2.5 weeks to learn it all. I really intend to sit down with it this weekend since we'll be home. Richard has his surgery on Friday. I don't think that he fully knows what to expect and like he said, it might be better that way. I can tell that he's nervous and doesn't want to think about it. Just say a prayer or two that all goes well. It's a minor procedure, but I'm sure it'll be uncomfortable since it's his nose. And you know how men are when they are not feeling well. I just hope and pray that he's better by Monday, so I can get out of the house. I have to get CPR re-certified next Monday.

Lisa came for a visit yesterday and left this morning. Kyra was heartbroken this morning when she woke up to find that she and Calli had left. *sigh*

And then the "Bad Mommy Award" goes to me. This morning I hear Kyra talking about a battery. They are gone from one of the remotes. One is on the floor and the other is in Maeve's mouth. Ugh. I'm half upset with myself for not taking them away sooner and I'm half upset with Kyra for sitting there like it was no big deal. I sat Kyra down and told her that if Maeve has anything in her mouth, to come and tell me. I don't care if it's a toy. I just want to have a heads up about it next time. So that put me in a bad mood this morning.

I just want our life to stay boring and dull. It's better that way.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well, don't feel too "bad mommy" until you've figured out whether Maeve opened the remote and took the batteries out herself (can she do stuff like that, yet?) or if Kyra took them out for whatever Kyra reason, or if Mia took them out...or if daddy took them out to replace them and left them within reach...

So many permutations, dear. It isn't as if you GAVE your daughter batteries and told her to eat them.

Nothing I have seen/heard yet- NOTHING- tops the day I went to a certain house-cleaning clients home and her two sons greeted me from the upstairs window which they had opened and were sitting on the sill of with their feet dangling over the roof! I wasn't too worried about the 5y.o. but the toddler...I had to convince big brother to shut the window, go downstairs and open the front door to let me in. It was the only way he didn't keep returning to the window, opening it and climbing back out. As soon as I got inside, their mom greeted me "How are you?" and I said "Did you know your kids were hanging out of the upstairs window?"

Just reading the few times you've mentioned Richard's surgery makes my nose hurt. Kevin and I saw that movie Butterfly Effect a few years ago- every time the guy's nose started to bleed, I had to cradle my own, it hurt so bad!

Put the choreography under your pillow while you sleep and it will absorb into your brain.

Lynda said...

Oh, you are a great mom! Don't beat yourself up. Pobody's Nerfect!

And I agree, stick the disk under your pillow.