Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....

13 things that my children (especially Kyra) have too much of:

1.) Stuffed animals- If these animals were real, my house would be a zoo. Seriously, where did all of the bunnies, bears, fish, reindeer, etc. come from? Sweet Jesus there's a lot of them!

2.) Toothbrushes- Now I know that this doesn't pertain to Maeve yet, but I have never come across so many toothbrushes of Kyra's in my life. I guess I need to throw some away that aren't used anymore. Of the ones that she does use, I bet there's 3 or 4 of those! She got one from the dentist. One I bought at the store. She got another one at school. Ugh.

3.) Happy Meal/Kid's Meal toys- Don't even get me started on this crap. Sure they are fun toys at the moment and they keep a kid entertained in the car on the drive home. But that's about where they stop being interesting. Then they are all over the house....in drawers, bags, closets. Why can't you just give my kid a sticker? That would be just as good.

4.) Cups- I think we've accumulated kid's cups from every restaurant in town. You know what's funny though? We hardly ever eat out. Yet all of the cups remain. *sigh*

5.) Crayons- We have every crayon color known to man and then some. What gets me is that they do not stay intact for long. They break. Then Kyra comes in the kitchen and pulls out the scotch tape and tries to tape them back together. Grrrrrrr!

6.) Books- This is precisely why I need to get rid of some of them. We go to the library once a week and get 7 books....one to read each night before bed. Plus we've read all of the 200 books in her closet already....probably several times. :(

7.) Shoes- I still haven't bought Maeve a decent pair of shoes yet (I know, bad mommy), but I think Kyra makes up for that. I keep finding shoes everywhere! And I don't buy her shoes either. It's my shoe obsessed sister that thinks that Kyra needs 5 pairs of tennis shoes, 5 pairs of flip flops, and 5 pairs of sandals. ;)

8.) Paper- Thank you Richard for buying Kyra the 1,000 pieces of construction paper that keep coming out of her room. Thanks a lot.

9.) Games- We have everything from Elefun to Chutes and Ladders to Caribou to Candyland. Throw in Memory and a few Dora games and you've got yourself a freakin toy store!

10.) DVDs- Let's just say that we could open up a Blockbuster and have more than enough DVDs for their kids'/family section. *sigh*

11.) Battery operated toys- I'm so sick of buying AA batteries. If you don't have children right now, do yourself a favor and start a "battery fund". You'll be glad you did. ;)

12.) Hair accessories- And thank you Aunt La La for buying Kyra all of these clips, ponytail holders, rubber bands, etc. that are unable to hold her hair yet because it's still baby thin. *sigh*

13.) Coloring books- I keep finding them everywhere. They are all colored in too, so I need to chunk a few of them. Shhhhh....don't tell Kyra. ;)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Holy crap! It IS Thursday! I'd better get a move on!

Love the bedroom spewing construction paper comment!

Just don't let Kyra develop Jamie's childhood habit of pouring all crayons, game pieces, legos, marbles, McDonald's toys, and anything else small into one GIANT bucket to make "soup". I cannot tell you how many hours Mom and I spent each week sorting that allout -because the kid was too little at the time to do it herself. Grrr!

Emily said...

OMG....Happy Meal toys....every family has about 5 million of these POS toys that the kids only really play with for 5 minutes anyway....

Lynda said...

Last time I was at my mom's house, she still had a comb from a Happy Meal we had. lol.

Calem has a lot of toys too. My mom and dad saved some for his one month birthday, something my sister always did for him.

Kim said...

Um Jen, I cheat and do my Thursday Thirteen on Wednesday night and then "Save As A Draft". The next day, I create a new post and then copy and paste.

I know, I suck. ;)

Jen said...

I cheat, too. I just forgot about it completely this week. I tried saving it as a draft once, but because of the timestamp it posted itself way in the middle of a bunch of Wednesday posts I'd done, so I don't do that anymore. I could if I bothered to alter the date/time stamp but... I either put up my little virtual post it, or I forget. Usually I'm counting the days, ancitipating the TT because it gives me something to do and kills alot of time. This week, I completely forgot (plus, Kevin's been staying home later in the a.m. and hogging the computer so by the time I get online I'm feeling like I have so much to catch up on that I haven't had much in the way of blogging thoughts lately...) And then I got here and your TT reminded me. THen I realized I had absolutely no idea what to TT about. I still don't. Mine is half-finished and it may stay that way.

Kim said...

I usually start thinking about what I'll TT about on Monday or Tuesday. That way I have lots of time to prepare. :)

Jen said...

Mine is finally done! Thanks for your input!

Kimmy said...

Yeah... what is it with toothbrushes? Jacob has 6!!!!!! What? Everytime he goes to the dentist and gets a toothbrush he thinks he has to open it right away. What? He's a nut. That's why I love 'im!

My 13 are up!