Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Maeve post....

Kyra's been gone at my sister's this weekend, so I've gotten a lot of one on one time with Maeve. She's becoming more and more interesting by the day. First off, she's crawling EVERYWHERE! She now follows me all over the house. It's bad because she's into everything, but it's good because her mobility has definitely lessened her separation anxiety. That's her separation anxiety around the house. She's not very fond of other people picking her up. Her eyes immediately come back to me and she gets this look on her face that says, "You're not leaving me are you?" Poor baby. With Kyra, I felt very guilty and afraid that I was spoiling her. But now I know that ALL babies go through this. It's a normal part of their development and this too shall pass.

Maeve's newest game is taking the toys that are in the bathtub and throwing them on the floor. Niiiiice. At the end, there's more water on the floor than there is in the bathtub. *sigh*

She does babble a heck of a lot now. She still thinks everything is "da da" and says that nearly all day long. I've also heard "na na" come out of her mouth. I thought maybe she was trying to say "nurse" or "night night", but she seems to repeat "na na" when I say "no no" to her! LOL!

I have been sneaking some whole milk in her cereal and have even added a bit to her breastmilk in her bottles. We did the same with Kyra when she was 11 months old. So far, so good. We are still nursing and will see what happens after her first birthday. Ideally, I'd like to hit the 15 month mark and then think about weaning, but I (or she) might be ready to do it sooner than that.

So that's my goober in a nutshell. I can't believe that she'll be a year old in a month! *sniff, sniff*

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe how fast she is growing...wasn't it just yesterday I was trying to hug you around that belly? LOL

Lynda said...

Calem is 9 months now. My mom says he is eating cheese and cheerios. I can't wait to see him again. He grew too fast!