Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen....

13 things that I love about my husband:
(since he's having surgery on Friday, I'd better be nice, right?)

1.) He came home on Easter morning with flowers. Richard hardly ever buys flowers for me. Kyra grabbed them and brought them to me and said, "Look what daddy got for me!" He made her think that they were for her, but I looked at him and immediately I knew they were for me. :)

2.) On the nights when he's home from work, he puts Kyra to bed and reads to her. There is nothing sweeter than a daddy reading to his little girl. I have to take a peek at them because it's so cute. My heart swells with pride.

3.) He took pics of Kyra on his boat the other day. She was thrilled. She felt very special.

4.) He calls me when he's not having a busy moment at work and we talk for a few minutes. It's golden because the kiddos are usually in bed and we can have some adult conversation! :)

5.) He told me that he's been looking at heartrate monitors (how ironic) for me because he knows that I want one. I do. I want a fancy one to see how many calories I'm burning during a Body Step class.

6.) He gets on the floor and plays with Maeve a lot. She loves this. I remember him saying, "She doesn't even know that I'm her daddy" during those first few weeks because she and I were nursing so much. Well she knows who daddy is now and follows him all over the house!

7.) He let Kyra help him in the flower beds last night. She got her shovel and they were digging away. It was so cute. Richard loves that Kyra likes to be his helper and follow his every move. Too bad she's such a "mother hen" to him too and nags at him more than I do! LOL!

8.) He cares more about others than he cares about himself. He's always willing to go that extra mile for anyone. His friends count on him. His family counts on him. I count on him. That's just the way he is.

9.) He's a very "hands on" daddy. Every once in a while, he'll pick Kyra up from school. He'll take her to the library if I don't. Yesterday, he took her to Home Depot and they picked out flowers together. These are things that I never did with my dad when I was a kid. I'm glad that Richard is such an active daddy.

10.) He lets others see his faults. Kyra knows what's going on with him. She knows that daddy doesn't eat good stuff all the time. I know that we aren't the wealthiest people around. But we're happy and healthy (most of the time) and that's all that matters.

11.) I love the way that he talks about the future and the future still has "us" in it. There's so much that we want to do with our lives yet. We'll get there one day. I'm just glad that I'm always part of the picture! :)

12.) He takes care of us. I do a lot, but he does more. I think we have a good balance. I'm good with the house and kid stuff and he's good with money and other things like yardwork and just odds and ends around the house.

13.) He praises me more now than he used to. This is HUGE! I've heard positive comments from him about nursing and working out. I can tell that he's proud of me. And I'm proud of him too! ;)

Oh and a ***BONUS*** that happened this morning:
Richard was trying to get things in the mail that he sold off of ebay/message boards, etc. and I agreed to mail them for him this morning so he could go to sleep. He says, "Where's the cheap diapers that Maeve has?" I point him in the right direction and I see him wrapping the little parts IN A DIAPER! OMG! He says, "It works and it's a lot cheaper than bubble wrap!" I almost pissed in my pants! Those poor people! What a guy! LOL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww! Praise and flowers! What an awesome guy!

My 13 are up, but you probably already knew that.

bornfool said...

Great guy you have there, but i guess you already know that. :)