Saturday, May 13, 2006

You want to what???

I'm totally convinced that I have IBS (if you don't know what that is, look it up ;) and it's all because of Richard. I swear he's probably giving me ulcers as I type. Richard is a hyperactive adult. He simply cannot sit still. He's always got to be doing things. I've known for a while that he's getting bored with his current job. He's been there for almost 9 years now. For those that don't know, he works Wed., Thurs., Fri., and every other Saturday nights. So, he has every other Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off and goes into work on Wednesday nights. Bottom line: He has a ton of time with me and the kids. I like it this way.

So a few days ago Richard tells me that he wants to go back to school to be an x-ray tech because he'd make more money (not really) and thinks it would be exciting. So, I do what any wonderful wife would do. I do some research.

You see, a wonderful friend of mine used to be an x-ray tech. So I email her this little bit of info. and she emails me back with some of the things that she had to do. It ain't pretty. I don't think that Richard could handle barium enemas, puke, poop, catheters, and prodding people for blood. My husband is queasy. When I cut my leg open in '99, he saw it and passed out. When both of my children were born via c-section, he wore earphones in the OR. He even brings Maeve to me when she needs her poopy diaper changed! And he wants to do this?

So I forwarded my friend's emails to him. I wanted him to hear firsthand what he'd be dealing with. I think he'll change his mind. ;)

3 comments:

Kim said...

It really hurts when I eat something and afterwards. I'm convinced that's what I have. *sigh*

(((Us)))

Jen said...

OOHHH! You're sneaky!

I remember that passing out incident!

Have you researched pancreatitis and gallbladder attacks? A friend of mine in Indy went through that last summer- her doctors never could "find" anything but...

All of your flow and yoga should be helping with such things. My mom has just done alot of research on regularity and constipation, though, and she's gotten over her tummy woes by drinking either 1) a glass of warm water (all of it. She used to make us do it when we were kids. Ick. But it works) first thing in the morning

OR

4 glasses of cold water followed by 1 piece of fruit first thing in the morning and no breakfast until you "go".

Her middle is already looking alot less bloated and she feels better.

Kim said...

I'm actually feeling a lot better today. I think that something just needed to get out of my system. It almost felt like I had an air bubble or something and it just ached like crazy. It's happened before. Could be stress too. Who knows. The good thing is that I didn't eat a lot all weekend, so working out this morning wasn't particularly hard like it usually is. :)