Monday, July 17, 2006

All about our weekend....

Of course I *should* be unpacking and cleaning house and getting ready for the week, but what am I doing? I'm sitting here at the computer!

We had a fabulous time in Corpus Christi with our dear friends Krishna and Richard and their two kids, Payne and Avery. We got there around noon on Saturday. Both of the Richard's really hit it off. Soon after unpacking, we went to a local burger joint that was yummy! I opted for a salad because everything on the salad bar looked delicious! After we ate, we went back to their house. My Richard and Maeve took a nap while Krishna, Payne, Kyra and I headed to the Aquarium. The first words out of Kyra's mouth when we got there were, "This place is amazing!" LOL! She loved all of the exhibits and the dolphin show. We left there in the early evening and went back to their house and had BBQ chicken and sausage. Yum!

Sunday morning, we woke up and went to the beach. It was already so hot when we got there. Maeve did not like the beach at all. She cried. I think she was tired. Kyra, Krishna, and Payne built sand castles and waded in the water. Kyra loved it. Around noon, my Richard met up with us because he had gone fishing that morning with a friend of ours from this area who was also down there. They didn't catch much, but he had a good time. I guess we got back to the house around 1:00 or so. We ate sandwiches for lunch and just rested in the afternoon. In the evening, the kids played outside in a little pool and a Slip and Slide. Kyra finally got the hang of that after some lessons from her daddy. ;) Then Krishna cooked us some delicious Chicken Carbonara. My Kyra is a very picky eater, but she ate great all weekend! I was so proud of her!

We left this morning around 9:00 and got back here around noon. It was a wonderful trip....exactly what we needed. Staying with Krishna and Richard was like staying with family. They are so laid back and friendly. The kids got along great and played. Even the babies played. And their dog and cats were friendly too!

I have a few thank yous. The first goes to Miss Avery for letting Richard and I sleep in her room. Maeve would like to thank Avery for letting her sleep in her crib and letting her play with her toys. Kyra wants to thank Mr. Payne for letting her sleep on the air mattress in his room and sharing his toys with her. Krishna and Richard, thanks so much for the hospitality and Krishna, thanks again for the yummy recipes. I can't wait to try them! My Richard wants to thank Krishna's Richard for the dry deer sausage that he sent home with us! He was so excited. Oh and Krishna, next time we'll bring some margarita blend to make up for what my Richard drank! LOL!

Kyra keeps asking when we are going back and I told her soon! ;)

Pics to come soon as well. I'm totally beat and have some things to do yet tonight.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kim Fernandez said...

Sounds like a great trip. Glad you had fun!

Doesn't Melissa live in Corpus? Did you get to meet up with her at all?