Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

13 things that made me smile today:

1.) Richard asked for the upteenth time what I'm doing this weekend without the kids (he has to work). I keep thinking that something is up and he took vacation on Saturday night, but he denies it. He just said that he cares about me and where I go. Um, no you don't! Since when does a man care whether or not you have a hair appointment? Something is fishy.

2.) Kyra told me that the "kolache" from HEB (which by the way WAS NOT a genuine kolache....I have family in Schulenburg and have frequented the Kountry Bakery and those ARE kolaches!) was yummylicious! So apparently, she made up a new word.

3.) Kyra and Maeve played dress-up this afternoon. Kyra was Belle from "Beauty and the Beast" and I put Maeve in a Cinderella costume. It was hilarious! Maeve was trying to get the outfit off. She's no girly girl right now. I took pics. I'll post them soon.

4.) Kyra coughed. Then Maeve coughed. The next thing out of Kyra's mouth was, "Mommy, Maeve's copying me!" And so it begins.....

5.) Richard took Mia on another walk. This time Kyra went along. Mia came home panting and pacing from just a 15 minute walk. She's a wuss! LOL!

6.) Kyra yelled from the living room and the two of them were in a fairly small cardboard box. Don't ask me how Maeve got in there, but I'm sure Kyra had something to do with it.

7.) Kyra told me today that she will love me even when I'm old and have grandkids. Gee thanks! I don't quite think she has the concept down that SHE will have to provide the grandkids! LOL!

8.) My house is a mess. No I'm not smiling about that. I'm smiling because tomorrow night it won't be and then Saturday there will be nobody here to mess it up! :)

9.) Maeve danced several times today to music on the TV. I just can't explain how freakin cute she is when she does that.

10.) Both girls were "talking" to Mia while she was in her crate and tried to get her to come out. Yeah, she's hiding from the two of you because she wants some peace and quiet! LOL!

11.) I made eye contact for a long time with a girl in my class today while teaching. This is so hard for me to do, but it's very important. She smiled back and I talked to her after class. It was her first class and I wanted her to feel welcome. She did so good and she's coming back! YAY!

12.) Hear that? I don't hear anything. It's quiet.

13.) Both girls were in bed by 7:30 again tonight. Life is grand. ;)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah my little sister was a pest too. ;)

Jen said...

Kyra has started a fad- I read this, and then last night when I grabbed my coconut/lime body lotion I thought "I'm going to wear this and smell yummylicious"...then I cracked myself up!