Friday, July 07, 2006

So sweet.....

Richard stays home with Maeve on Mondays and Tuesdays while Kyra and I go to the gym and run errands and just have some "us" time. Earlier in the week he was telling me how Maeve doesn't wake up in the mornings or from naps very well. It takes her a while to fully wake up. Today after her nap, I scooped her up and sat with her on the recliner with a bunch of blankets and rocked her. She fell back asleep on my chest! I was in awe! She hasn't done that since she was an itty bitty newborn.

I think I have it figured out though. The reason why she's so clingy to me after she wakes up is because we used to nurse during that time. And after nursing for 12.5 months, I guess she's just used to being close to me. I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense, right?

In other news, I taught Body Step this morning and pulled my calf muscle in my right leg. Ouch! It happened during track 6 of 12. Crap! It hurts like the dickens too. I hope it's better by Monday. Tomorrow I'm going to do Body Flow here at home and see how it feels on Sunday and judge whether or not Maeve and I shall take our 4.2 mile run.

6 comments:

Erin said...

came across your blog...loved reading about your family!

Kim said...

Thanks Erin! I'm heading over to check yours out as well!

Jen said...

Ow.
Those particular injuries are no fun, painful and slow to heal. And surviving the other half of the class with them is annoying!

Hope this one's not as bad as it seems and returns to normal quickly!

Kim said...

Yeah I hope the calf heals by Monday. Looks like I'll be teaching another Body Step class on Monday. I've been subbing A LOT lately. I love it though and have gotten a lot of good feedback from the members! :)

I did Flow 32 today because I'm going to pull it out this week and teach it. I had forgotten how much I liked that release!

Jen said...

I did 27 again on Friday, loved it again, and was sore yesterday. Then I tried to do 26 and was too sore for some of it (I also felt like I didn't like it as much as I used to, although it's marked as one of my favorites).

I might do 25 today- haven't done that one in a while- or I might rest.

Kim said...

Jen, that's it. I'm sending you new stuff this week. ;) The new one is HARD!