Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Dear you,

Has there been someone in your life that was there for you in your time of need and had a tremendous impact on you? Well there's been someone in mine. Someone who was there for me when nobody else was.....to talk to, laugh with, cry with, just a shoulder to lean on. Times were tough and I don't think that I'll ever forget the kindness that this person expressed toward me. I'm sure it's not a big deal to them, but it is to me. I was very vulnerable and young and did not know where to turn to. This person stepped up and was a constant means of support for a while. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected that from this person. And never in my wildest dreams did I think I would sit here 15 years later and still remember every little detail of our times spent together.

I consider this person to be a friend even though we don't talk at all. They always will be no matter what. I've tried to keep in touch with this person, but they never respond back. And it hurts. I don't know why we can't just leave our childhood behind and be adults about the situation? Things are different now, but I still feel like we have a lot in common. And there are things about this person that I know nobody else knows except for me. I take comfort in that special bond that we shared. Circumstances brought us together for a reason. You were my angel then and you are my angel now. I will never, ever forget you. I just wonder if you cherished our time together as much as I did.

I guess I'm sending out an open plea to this person to keep in touch with me every once in a while. It doesn't have to be often because I know that you're so busy. When you're at the computer and at a loss of something to search for, search for me. I'll be here for you always. I'll probably never be able to repay you for all that you've done for me, but I can try. If I could offer advice, laughter, or a shoulder to cry on, I would do it in a heartbeat. We're grown up now and life has taken us in opposite directions, but we'll always have those memories that I think so fondly of.

So if you're out there and are reading this, just know that I still care. A lot. Hopefully, we can reconnect as adults, but even more importantly, as friends.

7 comments:

Mike Y said...

I too hope you are successful in re-establishing the friendship.

I have had a couple of those over the year. Recently, I re-connected with one friend I pretty much grew up with, from kindergarten through high school. We drifted apart after high school and I wish I would have been there to continue being a friend.

Fortunately, we've picked up where we left off and it's been really nice.

Kim said...

Thanks Chelle!

And Mike, I'm so glad that you've reconnected with an old friend. Actually, I just recently found the email of a girl that grew up down the street from me. We were best friends throughout our childhood. We lost touch and with some investigating, I was able to track her down. I'm so glad I did. She emailed me back with an update. Things like that just put the icing on the cake and make me so happy!

Kim said...

Now if only I'd hear from the person that this post is about. *sigh*

Emily said...

Oh, sweetie, this post just about broke my heart for you. I really hope your little message gets to the person who meant so much to you.

(((hugs))))

Jen said...

JEEZ!
This person is still being such a jerk to you? It's about time the person in question got some balls, grew up, bucked up, acted like an adult and let bygones be bygones!

I hope that person sees my post, gets pissed off and complies!

Kim said...

LOL Jen! You're too freakin funny!

You're one of the few people who knows who I'm talking about though. *sigh*

Jen said...

I figured it was safe to assume that's who it was. I'm happy I could drive a point home while also cheering you up.