Sunday, July 23, 2006

My kidless weekend......

Well it's Sunday and they're back! LOL! They had fun. They survived. I survived. ;)

Friday evening I met my sister in Bastrop which is about halfway for both of us. So around 6:00, I headed back to Austin. I wanted to run a few errands and then grab my favorite for dinner, Souper Salad. So I ran to Target and then called my old neighbors. They were going to be home, so I told them I'd be over there after grabbing dinner. We had a 2 hour gabfest! FUN! It was sooo nice to visit with them without children around to bother us! I didn't get home till almost 10:00! I really do miss Tom and Mona. Richard always says that if we win the lottery, we are building a house and then building them a house right next to ours so we can be neighbors again! LOL!

Saturday morning, I woke up and took a Body Step class. It's always nice to NOT have to teach and just take someone else's class. After that, I went to Office Depot and finally found the pencils that Kyra needs for Kinder. Not even Target or Walmart had them. I then ventured over to Target and got a backpack for Kyra because my sister said that if I got her one this weekend, she'd take it and have a friend of hers monogram Kyra's name on it. After that, I went to Old Navy. After much contemplation, I left with a black shirt for me and some shoes that were on sale for $2.99! I then came home. Richard had a surprise for me. He took off of work on Saturday night so that we could go out! SAWEEEET! So then I took a nap because I knew that it would be a late night (which I'm not used to....I know, I'm a wuss).

Saturday evening, we left around 6:00 and went to eat at one of our favorite places, Cherry Creek Catfish. Yum! After that, we went to Academy because Richard was looking for some new sandals. Then we went to Midnight Rodeo to hear Stoney LaRue play. We haven't heard live music in so long. It was great! I guess we left there around 12:30 or so and came home and crashed. I slept late this morning and woke up and did Body Flow. My dad came and was waiting for Kyra and Maeve when they got back here. They were so excited to see him. He's spending the night tonight.

Funny thing....Lisa (my sister) told Kyra that she'd have a surprise waiting for her (my dad) when she got home. Kyra said, "I know what it is. I've been asking for a puppy!" Um, oops! She was a little disappointed when Papoo was the surprise instead of a puppy! LOL! So I guess we'll be the next ones getting a puppy. Happy now Jen? ;)

All in all, it was a great weekend. I did miss my kiddos. Richard was up with the chickens this morning, so he worked on flower beds and then did the yard. It looks fabulous. Now if only we could strike gold and get some freakin rain! I swear that it just skips over us everyday!

Have a great week! I have to teach LOTS this week, so I'll be busy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

...well...you did say you wanted to wait until Maeve was 2...and she's getting closer and closer to that time... Just promise me you won't do it for a Christmas or birthday gift- too much chaos to introduce a new critter into the home amidst.

Then you can join me in life in puppyville.

I don't think the next dog I get will be a puppy... I think I want to bypass that phase- somebody else can do it.