Wednesday, July 12, 2006

She's gone.....

Losing a best friend is hard at any age. Try losing one at 5 years old. This is Kyra and her friend Becca. Becca moved to Fort Worth today. Yesterday was Becca's last day of dance camp with Kyra. That is where I took this picture.

These girls met back in August when they were put in the same class out at Hays Hills. From then on all I heard was, "Becca this...." and "Becca that...." They were inseparable. Becca's mom told me that she talked about Kyra all of the time too. I was so thrilled that Kyra made a friend.....one of the first that she made on her own. Even the teachers took notice of these girls and the bond they shared.

Becca's family is so nice too. We are really going to miss them. Kyra and Becca will talk on the phone and be great pen pals. It's still not the same though. Becca's mom promised that she'd call on every visit down here so the girls can see each other. Yesterday Kyra was a little upset about it all and started to cry. This prompted my husband to show his emotional side and he cried too. He hated seeing Kyra so upset over something that he had no control over.

As I type this, Kyra is at a playdate with another girl that she went to school with that lives in our neighborhood. They will go to Kinder together. I'm glad that Kyra still wants to play with and make other friends. But I know that Becca will always be close to her heart. *sigh*

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, poor Richard! That made me sad!

Kim said...

Thanks Chelle. I have a friend that I email back and forth and we were separated in 1st grade. Our families still kept in touch over the years and now she has kids, so we send pics of the kids. It's really neat.

I will make sure that Kyra and Becca stay friends. I'm sure Becca's mom will too. :)

Lynda said...

I remember when I moved away from my best friend. Eventually, she became really bad about returning my letters and we lost touch.