Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My fellow bloggers.....

Please forgive me for not visiting all of your blogs lately. I know that you appreciate comments from me every once in a while. Or at least I hope you do. ;) I've just been so swamped lately and don't have a lot of time to just sit here and mingle among the bloggers. I'm sorry. :( Hopefully, things will slow down soon. Here's what's been going on.

-My sister Lisa brought her little Yorkie Calli over yesterday. Calli is staying with us for over a week while Lisa and Nathan go on vacation with some friends. The kids are thrilled to have her and won't leave her alone. Mia is being a b*tch and trying to steal Calli's food. Between the kids and the dogs, it's like a freakin zoo around here! LOL!

-I'm on the tail end of completing my application to be an Assessor for Les Mills. I think after tonight, everything will be done. All I want is to put that sucker in the mail in the morning!

-Oh and I'm on choreography overload. I'm finding out just how fun (insert sarcasm here) it is to learn two programs at the same time. I know tracks 1-10 of Step, but have most of the Flow release to learn yet. And I have to teach it in TWO WEEKS! Ack!

-Kyra starts school next Monday. Back-to-school night is tomorrow evening. I'm taking her school supplies then. I just want the first day to go as smoothly as possible. I can't stay up worrying too much at night about so many "what if" scenarios though or I'll never sleep.

-We moved furniture around in Kyra's room to make more room! What a difference! She's very pleased. I am too. Now if only I could tackle cleaning out her closet and her drawers without Hurricane Maeve making a mess!

-On that note, I'm organizing Kyra's clothes in her closet and ironing all her new clothes for school and pushing them to the side. I've given her a speech about how she should choose older clothes to wear around the house. How June Cleaver am I? LOL!

-Oh and I took Kyra to the doctor yesterday because she had a spot on her belly that looked more and more suspicious everyday. So guess what? She has ringworm! Lovely! Actually, it sounds much worse than it actually is. It's just a fungus like Athlete's Foot that she picked up from another kid, dirt, etc. I have no idea where she might have gotten it from. The doctor said to put some OTC Lotrimin AF on it and it'll go away. So off to the store I went! BTW, Lotrimin AF is specifically for jock itch! LMAO! Anywho, I just didn't want the peeps at school to be freaking out next week if they somehow saw it. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. You can barely see it.

-Richard worked his a$$ off in the yard this week and somehow disturbed quite a few ant colonies, so they've made their way into the house. They are feasting on cans that we have yet to take out to the recycling bin. Like Richard said, "There are already cans outside, so why don't they go there instead of coming inside?" D*mn ants!

-Oh and to the dude professing his religion to the other dude who was working at the library today: "EFF OFF!" (I know I'm going to burn in hell for saying that, but COME ON! Get a book and leave. BTW, my personal pet peeve is people who blatantly shove their religion in other peoples' faces. Sorry, but your ramble isn't going to change what I personally believe, so don't waste your breath.)

I *think* that's all. Carry on. ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wondered about you! I was just thinking today how school started here yesterday and that I knew the other part of TX was on a "no school until after the 17th (or was it 20th?) of August" rule. I figured Kyra hadn't started yet, but I also thought she might have and you were traumatized and thus, not blogging.

Relief! You have a few more days!

Sounds like you've got things under control.