Monday, August 14, 2006

What is wrong with me?

So today I made a trip to downtown Austin to have my favorite exam (insert sarcasm here). My OB/GYN is now at a new office. Talk about nice! I no longer have to park in St. David's garage and pay for parking! WOOOHOOO!

Anyway, I sat in the waiting room for a while and then sat in the exam room even longer. I saw pregnant women come out of the rooms. In the exam room, I saw the ultrasound gel and the measuring tape. I became a little sad. Am I really DONE? It just seems so final. Last year at this time, Maeve was still an itty bitty thing. It's been 15.5 months since having her. Why do I feel this way? We know that we are done having kids. We always said that we were stopping at two. And that's fine. But every once in a while, some "what if" pangs enter my mind.

Financially there's no way we could swing a third. Besides, Richard cannot physically create a human being anymore (you know what that means). But every once in a while for a short moment, I find myself a little down and nostalgic about it. I miss the kicks. I miss the appointments to see how much my tummy has grown in a month's time. I miss hearing that wonderful heartbeat on the doppler.

Then I'm brought back down to reality with a fiesty 15.5 month old and realize that my sanity couldn't possibly handle another one. I think that she makes up for all of the other ones that I could have had! LOL!

Maybe we just need to get another dog. ;)

2 comments:

Jen said...

I saw chi puppies in this weeks Houston Chronicle classifieds- I almost sent them your way. I also asked Kevin to cough up $375 for a German Shepherd puppy- I really have lost it this time.

Damn that Leo!

Kim said...

LOL! So you're hooked too! ;)

I have a feeling that we'll end up with one very soon....before Maeve turns 2!