Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Changes.....

This week has been crazy. I've subbed three classes already and the week's not even over with yet! I have to teach on Sunday too. It's ok though. I've enjoyed it and have come across different people in the process. It's always interesting. I also managed to videotape a Body Flow class taught by a friend of mine yesterday. I'm hoping to become an Assessor for Les Mills very soon. I'll keep ya posted on that and tell you a little bit more about that later on.

Richard's mom was on her way home from Dallas on Monday afternoon and got a little sidetracked. So she came here! LOL! She stayed Monday night and last night and went home today and took Kyra with her. Richard's brother and his two kiddos also came in late last night from Sea World. Today they went to Volente Beach. So we've been unusually busy. My dad wants to bring Kyra back up here on Saturday morning. So she'll get to spend a few days with her cousins in Victoria.

I put Maeve down already (8:00) in hopes that she'll go to sleep. She napped till 5:00, but only slept a few hours this afternoon. Plus with the company around, she didn't want to sleep. I'm hoping that she's tired mid-morning tomorrow because I have to go teach a class in the morning and I'd rather leave her here with Richard.

It's so quiet right now. It's almost eerie! LOL!

School is coming up soon. Back to school night is August 17th and they start on the 21st. I think that Kyra has decided NOT to ride the bus, but she may change her mind later on. I don't mind because if I end up taking her to school, we'll still get to sleep a little later. The bus comes around 6:45 and school doesn't start till 7:40. So that would buy me a little time. Kyra is such a morning person, so I don't think she'll be bothered either way. It'll be quite an adjustment though....for all of us.

I did sign her up for dance class in the Fall too. She'll go on Tuesdays from 3:15-4:15, so it will be right after school. The studio is about 100 yards from our house, so we walk there. Sometimes I put Maeve in the stroller too. I had a heart-to-heart with Kyra about this because she went to dance camp this summer and I didn't think she was too "into" it. But she claims that she likes it and wants to keep going. I'm not going to push her into doing something that she doesn't want to do. My parents did that with me and wasted their money. I didn't stick with any of it. I'd rather Kyra enjoy whatever she's "into".

Other than that, I'm just busy learning new choreography for my classes. We launch in a few weeks. I really haven't even looked at Flow yet, so I intend to start on that tonight. I need to get off of here first! ;)

No comments: