Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What goes on when mama leaves the house.....

I taught this morning and came home around 11:30. Maeve was sleeping and Richard was sleeping. Kyra was awake and in her room. I guess that Richard took it easy this morning while "watching" them because he was up till 1 am this morning playing games on the computer. Anywho, when Maeve woke up, I noticed two wipes on her bed. Richard just got up and told me that while he was "resting" on the sofa this morning, Kyra changed Maeve's poopy diaper. Lovely. Kyra came and got him when she couldn't get the new diaper on Maeve. She wiped her and everything and put the dirty diaper in the trashcan! LOL!

I asked Kyra earlier why she wanted to change her diaper and she said that she wanted to do it because she's "a big girl". I just can't believe that Maeve held still for that long! LOL!

This story reminds me of this post.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kyra is bright and observant enough to have learned how to change a diaper and tried it herself- but the fact that she voluntarily handled poop, THAT is amazing!

I think I'd hit Kevin with the poopy diaper if that happened on his watch, though...

Kim said...

I know! I always get mad at Richard because I'll ask if he fed the kids lunch and he'll say, "Well, I gave Maeve a piece of bread." Um, that's not a meal! So tonight, I let him feed them and I laid down by the TV and relaxed. He needs to realize how much I do around the house!

Hmph! Men!