Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen.....

Jen reminded me that I've been slacking too! :(

13 things that make me absolutely giddy.....

1.) Fall/winter clothes- Now I know that you must be thinking that I'm crazy, but I get so excited when I see the jeans, sweaters, and coats in the stores. Granted, we probably won't have a winter in Texas and actually be able to use them (like our winter last year), but I love seeing them on the racks.

2.) My favorite consignment shop- When I get out of the car in the parking lot, I almost run into the place. I love it. It's clean and doesn't smell like Goodwill. The clothing is awesome. They have name brand items and you get them for cheap! I also sell to them and get store credit. I bought most of Kyra's school clothes there. I seriously am addicted to this place. Richard says that I need to work there! LOL!

3.) Brand new Sharpie markers- I love it when the tip is nice and sharp. We have some blunt ones around the house and I want to throw them out. When I worked with Janet, she got me hooked on them. At home, I love writing on burned DVDs and CDs with them. I think I need help. ;)

4.) Getting in touch with old friends- Within the last month, I've reconnected with two of my childhood friends. My goal is to somehow find one new person per week. I'm so excited to hear from people that I used to hang out with! Many of them have kids too! :)

5.) Getting my new Les Mills releases in the mail- Oh my gosh! It's like Christmas on this day! I come in and immediately pop one into the portable DVD player and start watching it! So exciting!

6.) Buying (and wearing) new fitness shoes- I'm obsessed with my favorite shoes! I need some right now because my feet are hurting. I can't wait to go into Academy and buy a brand new pair! For inquiring minds that want to know, for Body Step, I wear Ryka. For running, I wear Saucony.

7.) Maeve's naptime- Ahhhhhh.....I get a break!

8.) The feeling I get when I leave the gym- My work is done and I gave it 100%. I feel refreshed and rewarded. My body did a lot for me and I appreciate that.

9.) The feeling I get when all of the groceries are put away- I feel like they are in their own, comfortable place and I'm so happy that we have things to eat again around here! As for going grocery shopping, I hate it. :(

10.) Seeing all of the programs that I missed pop up on the DVR- I swear it's the greatest invention ever. Every TV fanatic needs one....especially if you have kids and are constantly interrupted by them!

11.) Taking a shower- I love the shower. I could live in the shower. It's "my time" to unwind. I close the door (and if Richard is home, I lock it! LOL!) and just relish the peace and quiet in there.

12.) Those chocolate yogurt raisins- Damn those things are good! The kids and I fight over them! LOL!

13.) Wednesday nights- Sounds crazy, but I'm pretty much pushing Richard out the door to go to work. When the kids go to bed, it's quiet and I'm here in my own little world. Ahhhhh....I love it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love hearing about your life.

Kim said...

You do? Why? ;)

Jen said...

It makes me feel more in touch, connected, in the loop. I dunno, like I'm there instead of so far away.