Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So I'm spoiled.....

We've now lived out here for 3 years. In that time, A LOT has changed around here. Nothing is like it was 3 years ago. This little town has grown and has definitely put itself on the map.

I was talking to my dad tonight and we were discussing the gas prices. I suddenly realized just how many things I have out here at my disposal. Thank God I don't have to drive into town that much anymore. The only reason we drive into Austin is to go to work (that's Richard), go teach at the gyms (that's me), go to the dentist (kids), go to the doctor (kids), or eat out at a favorite restaurant (all of us). Eating out doesn't happen too often....maybe once a month.

So, I'm spoiled. I've made a list of things of cool things that are within a mile of my house.

1.) HEB- It's the grocery store. It's about 1/2 mile down the road.
2.) McDonald's- It's just across 35 on the other side. It's about 3/4 of a mile down the road.
3.) The Catholic Church- It's across Main Street (or Loop 4), which is just across the street from our house. I can see the church from our back porch and hear the bells from inside our house!
4.) Dance Studio- It's about 100 yards from our house and across the street. Kyra and I walk there.
5.) Cabela's- It's behind the other side of our neighborhood. It's probably 1/2 mile from our house. Lucky us! LOL!
6.) Sonic- Not that I frequent this place very often, but slushes are good every once in a while!
7.) Subway- It's in the HEB shopping center, so it's close. What's funny is that I usually find a Subway to stop at while I'm in Austin. I never eat at the one here!
8.) Chili's- They just built it! YAY! This is like the first chain restaurant that we have here!
9.) Cracker Barrel- Well, I was wrong on the last one. Cracker Barrel was here first.
10.) Dan's Hamburgers- This is Austin-based and they built one out here. The hamburgers and good and greasy! LOL!
11.) Taco Bell- My sister's favorite! LOL!
12.) A Nail Place- As in pedicures and manicures! Ahhhhhh.....
13.) Blockbuster- Don't go to this place much though. :(
14.) Jack-in-the-Box- Another place I don't go to at all.
15.) Bill Miller's BBQ- This place ROCKS! I love it! It's based out of San Antonio, but has locations all over Austin. There's like 59 restaurants in San Antonio though, so they are on every corner. Richard used to work at one! :)
16.) Kyra's school- It's about a mile from the house over the railroad tracks in downtown Buda. Not far at all.
17.) Our little public library- A personal favorite of mine. I take Kyra once a week. We get 7 books....one to read each night before bed.
18.) The post office- I LOVE our post office. No long lines. Personal service. It ROCKS!
19.) The city park- It's just over the railroad tracks. It's HUGE and so nice! Kyra knows it's a treat when we get to go there.
20.) COMING SOON! WALMART!- This will be closer than HEB, so it's about 1/4 mile from our house! Good Lord that's close! It should be open VERY SOON! The signs are up! ;)

I can't believe that we wanted to move out here because it's a "small town". It's not so small anymore! But it still has that "hometown" feel to it. My favorite part about living out here is the noise factor. It's so quiet. I feel safe here too. And I'm not just saying that because I have a vicious, mean dog (total sarcasm here) to protect me!

No comments: