Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas plans....

And so it begins. There's one week till Christmas. Let the hustle and bustle begin! LOL!

We went to Richard's Christmas party this evening. It was at his boss's house, which is just a neighborhood over here in Buda. Because Richard didn't make plans for someone to watch the girls, he suggested that we just go and take the girls for a while. We took two cars and I told him that if Maeve gets fussy, then we'd leave. Well, we got there around 3:30 and ended up staying till 6:30! Maeve was so good! Nobody even knew she was there! Kyra was in awe of the pinball machine and the slot machine that they had there. They were so well behaved! I was so proud of the both of them. Richard is still over there and I'm sure he's had a few brews. Good thing it'll take him like 2 minutes to get home!

As far as what we'll do for Christmas, here it goes. On Saturday morning (Christmas Eve), the BIG MAN will have paid a visit to the girls, so they'll open presents and then we'll head on out for La Grange later that afternoon to my sister's. We'll have Christmas there with my mom's side of the family and go to church. On Christmas Day, we'll head to Victoria! A first! We'll celebrate my dad's birthday at his house and open gifts between our immediate family. Then on the 26th, we'll head down to Austwell to see Richard's grandparents and celebrate with them and his mom, sister, and brother. We'll stay at my dad's that Monday night and then come back up here on Tuesday. WHEW! I'm going to rest up this week.

I've gotten everything wrapped except for a few things for the girls. I'll do that tonight. Then I'm waiting for two other things to come by mail either tomorrow or Tuesday. I want to plan what to cook this week and pack toward the end of the week. I want to relax and just hang out with the kiddos on Thursday and Friday. I hope that Maeve's 4th tooth peeks through soon so that she's sleeping like a baby again. *yawn*

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of my family and friends....old and new. I hope that you find time to reflect upon your blessings this week and find joy and peace in your heart.

I'm going to write a "Reflection '05" post soon. It'll be long. Get ready.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yikes, toofie #$! Gomer has 6, but every time I see her it looks like she's got more of a mouthful than last time!

Lynda said...

My dad's birthday is on Christmas too. Well, you did say you were celebrating, but I though, oh, another December birthday!

Kim said...

Yep, my dad's b-day is Christmas Day! How cool that both of our dads share a birthday!

My mom had birthday on October 12th which used to be when Columbus Day was observed every year. They got married on October 31st. Who the heck gets married on Halloween? ;)