Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's my turn....

10 Random things about me you may not know:
1.) I eat a salad everyday (or at least try to).
2.) I love watching the birthing shows on TLC and Discovery Health. There's just something magical about a baby coming into the world.
3.) I'm obsessed with grooming the girls....brushing hair, clipping nails, cleaning ears, etc. I must bathe them every night and soap them down so that they smell good.
4.) I can't stand when cabinets or closet doors are left open. It freaks me out.
5.) I read a book to Kyra every night and then we pray together.
6.) I love taking naps in the recliner. It reminds me of the newborn days with Maeve when she and I would cuddle for hours.
7.) I love the smell of cinnamon.
8.) I never had a dog before Mia.
9.) I get "sensory overload" very easily. I can't stand it when 2 tvs are on at the same time or the tv and the radio are on at the same time. When I talk on the phone, I must turn down the radio or tv.
10.) At night when I go to bed, I check to make sure that all of the doors are locked. I've done this for years.


9 Places I've visited:
1.) Las Vegas
2.) Grand Old Opry
3.) Graceland
4.) Santa Claus Land (it's in Indiana, I think)
5.) The Alamo
6.) Branson, Missouri (twice)
7.) NASA in Houston
8.) Schlitterbahn (probably a dozen times or more)
9.) Colorado (don't remember which cities though)

8 Ways to win my heart:
1.) Take me out for a nice dinner.
2.) Buy me a Texas Music CD.
3.) Love my kids as much as I do.
4.) Make me laugh.
5.) Bring me roses.
6.) Dress casual.
7.) Enjoy nature.
8.) Want to spend time with my family.

7 Things I must do before I die:
1.) Watch the girls graduate from HS, get married, have kids, etc. This one is VERY important to me since my mom didn't see me or my sister do anything of these things.
2.) Witness a vaginal birth (weird, I know, but since I had c/s, I feel like I missed out!).
3.) Learn to water ski.
4.) Learn to snow ski.
5.) Become a bone marrow donor.
6.) Wear a bikini and feel good about it.
7.) Reconcile with those long lost friends and tell them that I love them.

6 Things I'm afraid of:
1.) Fire
2.) Snakes
3.) Losing my husband.
4.) Losing my kids.
5.) Losing my dad.
6.) Losing my sister.

5 Things I don't like:
1.) Liars
2.) Watermelon
3.) Addictions
4.) Hearing about people that hurt their kids on purpose.
5.) Cats

4 Ways to turn me off:
1.) Lie.
2.) Pretend that you don't care when in fact, you do.
3.) Ignore me.
4.) Pretend that you're someone that you're not.

3 Things I do everyday:
1.) Hug and kiss the girls.
2.) Read my friends' blogs.
3.) Thank God for my health.

2 Things that make me happy:
1.) My family
2.) My friends

1 Thing that's on my mind right now:
I wonder how long Maeve is going to nap this morning.


***Jen, you've been tagged, so get on it sista!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OK! I will!

I enjoyed reading it! You're right about Santa Claus, Indiana. But it was still about 90 minutes away from me so I never made it there.

...love how watermelon is second only to lying!

Lynda said...

I want to go to Santa Claus land! I was thinking of taking my parents and nephew there.

For 7 things to do before you die, maybe one of your girls will let you be there when your grandchild is born.

I caught my brother watching one of those birthing shows one day. When I said hi to him, he changed the channel really quick. I think he was being a curious teenager. Maybe it was good birth control?

I am also afraid of fire, and my mom does the door checking thing. She also unplugs everything in the kitchen before she goes to sleep to prevent fire. Well, all the small appliances anyway, not the microwave, but the toaster.

My sister really enjoyed your blog too, I think. She told me one time that she liked to read Jen's friend's blog and she talked about breastfeeding. Her son is 5 months old, and I believe one of your daughters is under a year as well. My sister died of non-smoking related lung cancer in October, but I wanted to let you know she was a fan.