Sunday, December 11, 2005

Well, we made it!

Megan and Mike's wedding was yesterday and we survived! LOL! Actually, the kiddos were so good. Kyra sat up front at church with Papoo and daddy and was quiet. Maeve and I opted for the cry room because she's Miss Screecher nowadays. Ugh.

Kyra rode with Papoo to the reception. She was a bit bored there at first, but immediately perked up when her cousins, William and Kalyn arrived. Maeve got to play with cousin Nadia. They are only separated by 3 months (Maeve is older). They stared at each other. It was cute. Julie is nursing Nadia as well, so we had lots to talk about.

The spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread were so good! The idea of having that served at the wedding was so cool! Kyra kept bringing me more pieces of cake. I don't know what that was all about. I only had one piece.

My Uncle Gary and Aunt Sandra led the grand march and did an awesome job! Was there ever a doubt? ;) I got plenty of great pics that I'll upload soon. By the end of the night, William even "lost" his first tooth! Actually, his mommy pulled it, but still! How exciting! I'm sure he got a visit from the tooth fairy last night.

We had a great time overall. The decorations were beautiful. Megan and Mike are so adorable and will make a great married couple and parents. Everyone loved dancing to the Dujka Brothers and the kids loved doing the chicken dance. Kyra and Kalyn went up to the stage screaming that request, so John and Mark had no choice but to play it. Then they played the Bunny Hop! OMG! That took me waaaaaay back.

We stayed at a motel in La Grange last night. My dad got us two rooms. Of course, Kyra wanted to stay with him, so she and my dad took one room, while Maeve, Richard, and I were in the other. I heard that Kyra fell asleep after her hiccups subsided around 11:00. Maeve went down right away too and only woke up to nurse at 5 this morning. Richard was up at 7 and I heard this tapping on the window. It was Mike and Megan. They stayed 4 doors down from us! Lovely. Richard went to my dad's room with Kyra and they talked while Maeve and I slept in till 9:30! Baby was tired! Maeve didn't nap much yesterday at all.....too much activity.

This afternoon, we went to Uncle Joe and Aunt Glenda's to watch Megan and Mike open their gifts (with a little help from Kyra, of course) and then came home. We got home around 2:30 before the Cowboys started.

What a weekend! I'm pooped. I'm hoping to get to bed a little earlier tonight and work out lots this week and get my shopping and gift wrapping done.

No comments: