Friday, June 23, 2006

Amount due: $0.00.......

OMG. We got the lovely bill from Richard's surgery and hospital stay yesterday. Sweet Jesus, thank God for insurance. I know that insurance companies are sometimes a little on the crooked side, but when I saw that bill I was thanking my lucky stars for them. The bill was about $50 short of $20,000! Yes, you read that right! Richard's CardioSEAL device alone costs $12,000! I teased him this morning that his value has gone up yet again! LOL!

This is a very good article about what Richard had done on his heart.
http://www.nmtmedical.com/products/ci/articles/hleader_article.html

I felt bad spending over $150 at Walmart this morning, but I guess things could be worse.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

If you gave me $150, I could easily spend it at Target. Mostly because I don't like our Wal-mart. Jen has been there, and I think she was ok with it, but I think it is an awful, awful place.

Lynda said...

Oops!

And hallelujah for insurance. I know it helped when my husband was in the hospital. We paid nothing.