Friday, June 16, 2006

*sigh* My "baby" is FIVE!







Five years ago, on 6-16-01, this beautiful little angel came into my world and changed it forever. I will never forget the day that she was born. I was in total disbelief that I was "a mom" and was very unsure of myself. But I was in love. I looked down at this tiny creature and couldn't believe my eyes. She looked exactly like me as a newborn. Even my dad felts pangs of "deja vu". Her daddy took one look at her and his heart melted.

Life with her was not easy those first few weeks. She was very "colicky" and cried a lot. She wanted to be held, then she wanted to be put down. I was a mess. Richard said that he couldn't deal with both of us crying! LOL! But around the 6 week mark, I felt better and we finally found a formula that suited her. Then life was golden again.

She slowly progressed into the most easy going baby ever. She didn't get into much and was perfectly happy sitting in front of the TV and watching "The Wiggles". She also did everything early. She cut a tooth at 4 months, crawled at 6 months, and walked around 11 months. Yep, this kid had it all together. But did I? ;)

Her toddler years were wonderful too. She was such a sweetheart and adapted well to people and social situations. She loved school. She grew to really genuinely care about her family and friends. She loves to talk, but remains quiet when she's supposed to be.

As a preschooler, she found her artistic and imaginative side. She loves to draw. She loves to pretend. I catch her doing the cutest things and just sit there in awe and smile. She's made friends.....lots of them. She now has a sister that she adores. She's worried about how *I* will adjust when she goes off to Kindy in the fall. That's just how she is though. She puts others before herself and I'm very proud of her for that. She very seldom worries about herself. She's always concerned about others.

I can't help but look back at these last five years and marvel at how far she's come. She's gone from this tiny little baby to this very grown up and independent individual. I never dreamed that she would be the wonderful person that she is today. But she is. And I love her for it.

Happy 5th Birthday Kyra Marie! Mommy, Daddy, Maeve, and Mia love you more than words can say!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Awww! Happy Birthday, Kyra!

That is a beautiful post.

Jen said...

LOL! She STILL makes all of those same facial expressions!

Happy Birthday, Kyra!