Thursday, June 08, 2006

A lot on my mind....

I was going to do a "Thursday Thirteen" today, but blogger wasn't working for me, so I gave up. :(

Richard's mom is coming on Sunday and probably staying through next weekend. Richard is having surgery on Tuesday morning. We have to be at the hospital by 7 and surgery is supposed to start around 9. This time we'll probably be there overnight. His mom will be here with Kyra and Maeve. I'm pretty relaxed about the whole situation. I know the kids will be fine. As for Richard, he'll be nervous, but maybe it won't be as bad as it was last time because he'll know what to expect. For those that want to read up on what's going to happen, go here. Richard's condition is called a PFO or Patent Foramen Ovale. I'll update on Wednesday when we get home. Just keep him in your prayers.

I also have to get everything together next week for Kyra's party on Saturday (the 17th). We are having it at Buda City Park in the morning. I hope for good weather. I wish it would be overcast that morning. We're having pizza and cake. I got Kyra a pull-string pinata. The theme that she chose is Hello Kitty. We have like 13 kids invited. There will be lots of adults too. I just hope with Richard's surgery next week that I still have time to get everything together.

I was supposed to have my teeth cleaned in March, but with everything that went on with Richard, it got overlooked. I still have to make that appt. July is coming up and that also means it's time for "the annual". Lovely.

Kyra has to go in for her 5 year well check this month. She'll be getting the Hepatitis A shot. It's a series of 2. It's not required to go into Kindergarten, but it is recommended. The school nurse told me that sooner or later, the state of Texas will probably require it. At the end of July, Maeve will be 15 months and she'll go in for a check and some shots, so I might get Kyra's 2nd Hep A shot then.

Kyra's also due for a dentist appt. in July. Ugh.

In August, it's time to recertify for AFAA (fitness certification). I'll probably send my stuff in in July to give them a month to get everything processed and sent back to me. So, I have to get that together too.

Oh, and I keep having to remind my forgetful husband to take his medicine. Since it's a week before surgery, he's on baby Aspirin and blood thinners. He'll have to be on them for 6 months afterwards in order to avoid blood clots. This is so hard for him. He's not very responsible in the pill department.

We are thinking of going to Corpus for a few days in July. I'm excited to be able to take the kids to the beach and maybe to the Aquarium. Kyra will love it.

OK, I'd better quit now. My head is spinning. ;)

2 comments:

Jen said...

...and you'll stop by and visit me on the way...

Kim said...

I know! We need to head down your way too! Richard has a friend that he's been wanting to visit in Houston and since we're done nursing, we may just drop the kids off at Lisa's and head on down there! FUN!