Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Gym gems....

I kid you not. This entire conversation was loud and overheard by me while I was in the bathroom stall in the ladies' locker room at the gym today.

Girl #1: (Obviously looking frantically in her bag) "Crap! I forgot my (tennis) shoes!"

Girl #2: "You what?"

Girl #1: "I forgot my shoes. I guess you'll be working out solo today." (By this time, I had concluded that they were co-workers and workout buddies)

(At this point Girl #2 is starting to freak out)

Girl #2: "But you HAVE to work out with me today. Hey, why don't you just work out in your socks? We are only doing chest and triceps anyway today."

Girl #1: "No way. I AM NOT going out on the gym floor in just socks. That's embarrassing."

Girl #2: "No it's not. (Probably only thinking of herself) Just do it."

Girl #1: "No."

Girl #2: "I think that I have a pair of gym shoes in the back of my car. I should go get them."

(By this time, I'm thinking that they are both stupid.)

Girl #1: "We should just go grab a bite to eat, grab the shoes from the car, and then work out after work today."

Girl #2: "Okay."

LOL! It was so "junior high" how these girls had to "hold" each others' hands. Geez. I wish I could have been around to see if their workouts are indeed intense of if it's just "social hour".

1 comment:

Jen said...

*snicker, snicker* Eavesdropping from the toilet stall is one of my favorite gym experiences. YOu hear all sorts of stuff you don't want to know, even if it's funny.

If it were me, I'd have yelled something about how gym policy prohibits members from going shoeless in the facility. No matter what you're doing, it's always possible you or somebody else will drop something on your foot and break a toe. When I worked at the health club in Horseshoe Bay, one of my jobs was to police people's footwear and kick any shoeless, barefoot or flip-flopped feet out of there.