Saturday, June 24, 2006

Proud mommy moment.....

Today, we attended Seth's swimming party in Round Rock. The girls and I had a blast. Maeve is now super used to the water (she cried the first few times) and Kyra is a little fish! WOW! I can't get over the difference in her since the beginning of the summer. And we've only been swimming a handful of times!

Today at the party, the kids took turns hitting the pinata (a favorite of Kyra's). After it was all over with and each kid had a loot of candy, Kyra came over to show me hers. A little girl named Taylor was standing by us and her mommy said, "She doesn't do that sort of thing. She's bothered by crowds of kiddos." Well my Kyra must have heard that and saw Taylor standing there with her bag, so what did she do? She started taking candy out of her bag and putting it into Taylor's. I was shocked. Kyra is generally pretty stingy when it comes to pinata candy. What's hers is hers. She even got a few "Oh how sweet!" comments from the other mommies. I was so proud. I hope the trend continues!

***Susan, thanks for all of the pics! I hope that you don't mind me using one of Kyra on here. Our new camera came in the mail today, so we'll test it out tomorrow. Richard and I didn't have the time or energy to learn a completely different camera, so we ordered the same one! LOL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

They just keep growing up...

Kim said...

I know Jen. *sigh*