Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tagged yet again.....

It was Jen this time. ;)

6 Weird Things About My Childhood:
(this ought be easy....I was a weird kid)

1.) My sister and I used to have "Barbie weddings". We'd line up Barbie and her bridesmaids and Ken and his groomsmen and have them pose for a group photo (like at a real wedding). My mom was the photographer and to this day, they are in a photo album somewhere.

2.) Like Kyra, I carried my very own "blankie" around. My mom and dad called it my "covers". Only I couldn't say "covers". So I called it my "cawcas". LOL!

3.) Lisa and I also played "church". We would kneel against the sofa and distribute communion to each other. We used to take pieces of white bread and smash them up to form a Host. ;)

4.) The mailman used to call us "little boys". My lovely mother (rest her soul) gave us these Dorothy Hamill-like cuts only they almost looked bowl-like too. *sigh* So we'd be out in the driveway and the mailman would walk by and say, "How you boys doing today?" Lisa would yell, "We're girls, not boys!" LOL!

5.) We had a tape recorder and Lisa and I used to tape ourselves singing into it....pretending to be in a studio and making a record. It was hysterical! One time, we were arguing about who was singing what song and it actually got recorded by accident. Ooops! (See, I told you we were dorks.)

6.) We also played "hotel" and "bank" and would put keys and money in the microwave (um no we didn't turn it on). That was our pretend "safe". LOL!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I will never look at a microwave the same way again. I would have never come up with that idea.

We did, however, have a certain Cabbage Patch Kids cassette where some of the Kids were Kidnapped and forced to work in a mine. We'd play the tape and lie on the floor with our feet on the recliner, rocking it, pretending we were digging in a mine.

Kim said...

We were so weird.

I wish that you and I would have met years ago. We would have been great childhood friends. ;)

Jen said...

I agree. But what if we'd been separated or parted ways? We might not know each other now!