Sunday, June 25, 2006

Monday Memories....


The picture above is of a window air conditioner (or as we like to call it, a window unit). My Granny had no central air/heat, so her house was full of these. There was one in the living room, one in her room, and one in the spare bedroom. I still love the humming of those air conditioners. We have a window unit out in Richard's shop so that I can work out out there if I want to. Richard also put a window unit in a side window of our house just in case our regular a/c can't keep up (it's a unit that's supposed to be for a smaller house). I take naps on the sofa and put it on and it puts me right to sleep. I love it. It just takes me back to Granny's house. I took many a nap and slept many a night in that back room. Now Mike, Megan, and Haylie (cousins of mine) live in her house since she's passed away. I hope that they sleep well to the a/c buzz too! I found that it also drowned out the noise of the trains when they whizzed by. Oh did I tell you that Granny lived right by a train track? But that's another post! ;)

No comments: