Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tomatoes, anyone?


This is about 3 days worth of tomatoes. Richard has a huge tomato crap, oh I mean *crop* outside along the fenceline. We are up to our eyeballs in tomatoes. The cherry tomato plants are slowly taking over my backyard. There's just too many darn tomatoes on them, so they've given up and grown outward instead of upward. *sigh*

What do we do with so many tomatoes you ask? Well, we have given lots to friends and family. My dad took some to my sister the other weekend and kept some for himself. I usually get Richard to make some fresh salsa for us and we eat it with chips or on salads.

Kyra really likes picking the tomatoes. When my sister and I were little, we couldn't wait to go to my grandma's house to pick eggs that the chickens had laid. I think that Kyra gets that same excitement from picking tomatoes. ;)

3 comments:

Jen said...

THey're beautiful! I love garden, home-grown tomatoes! I wish I lived closer! You might have to make a special trip or drop some off on your way to Corpus! I am dying for tomatoes now!

Kim said...

Jen, we don't go your direction on the way to Corpus! LOL!

But you can come see us though!

Kim said...

Susan, we have so many that I'll bring you some when we come to Seth's party.

Richard planted them sometime in March (I think).