Thursday, September 07, 2006

As if the last idea wasn't crazy enough....

The neighbor next door has one of those pentagon-shaped standing fish tanks that he wants to get rid of. Guess who wants to buy it? Yep, my dear husband. He's getting Kyra all excited about it. That's fine. Maybe it'll teach her some responsibility. She'll now feed the dog and the fish.

So I was pretty much all for this idea until Richard started talking about how he wanted to go out and catch the fish that he'd put in it. (WTF?) I guess buying some fish at the pet store isn't challenging enough for him. He wants to use all natural plants and chemicals. So it's starting to sound more like a project or hobby. He's doing research on the internet to see how to go about doing all of this. I just hope that it doesn't 1.) turn into a money pit and 2.) turn into MY project. I told him that I'm not cleaning the damn thing. I saw how my mom cussed the itty bitty aquariums that my sister and I had in our rooms when we were kids. I think she actually prayed for the fish to die so she wouldn't have to deal with maintaining them anymore! LOL!

So once again, I sit here asking myself, "Why can't he be NORMAL and do NORMAL things?" He always has to make things more difficult. Ugh.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Normal things? Do you know how many times I've re-painted Kevin's garage after each bout of spray-on texture he buys, applies and then decides isn't big enough? 3...and counting... he just retextured again last week and I officially hate it. I was quite proud of my hard work and thought it was finally finished.

It's never going to be finished.

Last weekend, we finally loaded all of the scrap wood and metal we've been piling up since moving in into his car and took it to the dumpster behind his workplace to dispose of it. We should have made a second trip and had a clean garage but he decided he'd done enough. Then, the next day, he proceeded to create another pile of scrap that needs to be hauled off.

We will never have a real garage.

This weekend, he's doing the flower beds- because he didn't like my own efforts at this woman's work job that he said could be completely my project.

I think I'd take a freshwater fish tank, any day. Maybe it won't be too bad...just don't let Maeve pull it over.

Kim said...

OMG! What is their effin deal?

Richard is constantly buying and selling. I swear that it's an illness....one that he inherited from his father. At least he's not a packrat though. I tell him that if he doesn't use something weekly, then sell it! LOL!

What the heck did we get ourselves into?