Saturday, September 16, 2006

Fluke pukes....

Maeve puked in her bed last night after I put her down. So off to the tub we went around 9:30. You'd never know that she was asleep before that. That kid and played and played like it was her regular bathtime! LOL!

I got her out, got her dressed, and changed her sheets. I rocked her for a bit and prayed that their would be no episodes during the night. There weren't. But she and Kyra both thought that 6am was a fine time to wake up on a Saturday morning. Zzzzzzzz......damn kids!

So Maeve plays fine today, but is quite fussy. She's cutting the lovely molars right now and is having a heck of a time with that. She napped for 2.5 hours. I was so tired that I did too! LOL!

Fast forward to tonight. I do my good deed and take the kids to church. We sit down and we're not even 15 minutes into mass when Maeve pukes all over a blanket (which by the grace of God I decided to take inside), herself, and me. Lovely. I grab Kyra and tell her that we are leaving. She starts to cry. We can't leave church because we just got there. Crap. I tell her that her sister is full of puke, I'm full of puke and we are leaving! On the way out, we see the main priest that's outside. He comforts Kyra and asks why she's crying. I say, "Well her sister just puked inside, so we have to leave to get cleaned up." He tells Kyra that she should go with her mommy and help take care of her sister. I just love him. He's an old Irish priest that is just too darn cute. I love his homilies. He's so real.

So, we come home and Maeve has no more episodes. She plays just fine. She fights me at bedtime, but that's normal.

I did notice that both of the times that she had puked was after she had drank some milk. She had milk this morning too, but kept that down. Could she be allergic to it now? I'm just confused. We'll see what happens over the next few days and go from there.

Oh, and Kyra was horrible behavior-wise today. I kept thinking to myself, "This is the same kid that gets good behavior stickers at school?" She even told my dad tonight, "I was bad today and Maeve got sick. This was the worst day of my life!" LOL! Uh huh. Believe me, you've got it easy kid!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Poor kids. Gomer has had the stomach bug this week. Jessica and Aaron gave her a bowl, put her in bed with them and told her to puke in the bowl if she needed to- she proceeded to entertain herself by fake puking "blah! blah!" into the bowl and keeping them awake.

Before that, she got alot of education regarding diarrhea and has now learned a new word...

Kim said...

LOL at Gomer! She sounds like a little toot! I bet she and Maeve would get into T-R-O-U-B-L-E together! *sigh*