Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ugh. So is this what I have to look forward to?

I was doing Kyra's hair this morning when she said, "Mommy, don't put that clip in my hair." I asked her why not. She said, "Because the boys on the bus (she sits by two boys) will mess with it and pull it out."

Well after hearing that my mommy radar immediately went up. Somebody is picking on my baby! I told Richard and he said that they probably have a crush on Kyra. He said that they wouldn't be picking on her if they didn't like her. He's probably right. *sigh*

I told Kyra that if it *really* bothers her that they do that, then she should sit elsewhere with another friend or by herself. I think it would be hard for her to do that though because one of the little boys is our next door neighbor and Kyra is pretty good friends with him.

Now that I think about it, he *must* like her because I heard Kyra talking about how another boy was saying, "Owee (his name is Orlando), there's your girlfriend" and pointing to Kyra on the playground. Kyra came home and told me repeatedly that she's NOT his girlfriend. Thatta girl!

*sigh* Kindergarten love. LOL!

5 comments:

Kim said...

I know! I think it's just an innocent crush. I think it's kind of funny though how the neighbor kid likes Kyra and Kyra in no way, shape, or form likes him that way. She still thinks boys are gross (well, except for her best friend Jake....she's known him since he was born).

Jen said...

I remember boys at that age- they pulled all the stickers off my lunchbox as it sat and waited for me in it's cubby hole and left a bunch of white, sticker-backing patches...stupid boys. Boys have cooties.

Better warn her about the day she starts wearing a bra.

Kim said...

Jen, DO NOT mention the word "bra" around here. It's waaaaaay too early for that. (I'm in denial that it's going to even HAPPEN.)

Can I just hide my kids under a rock for a while....say oh like 18 years? Think anyone would notice? ;)

Jen said...

Just make sure you know where to find rocks in gradually bigger sizes.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.