Friday, September 08, 2006

Dishing about the girls....

It's been a while since I've truly updated on how the girls are doing. The truth is that they've been busy. I hope I can remember all that's been going on. ;)

Maeve is now 16 months old. She's a fiesty little girl. I think the Terrible Two's have hit quite early. Man can that girl throw a tantrum. It's insane. I've never seen anything like it. We are so screwed. But then she can be the sweetest and most gentle kid. She loves to cuddle with me and adores Kyra and Mia. Mia is her only playmate during the day now. It's kind of sad actually because she'll walk around saying, "Kyra?" She misses her sister while she's at school.

As you can tell, she's got quite a vocabulary these days. I'd have to say that her favorite word is "daddy". She is constantly looking for Richard or calling out to him. Other words that she says are: "mama", "Kyra", "Mia", "Papoo" (and she points to his picture too! Cute!), "night, night", "pickle", "cracker", "ba ba" (for milk), "no", "yeah" "hi", "bye bye", and "doggie". This morning I took her in the jogger and ran and she heard dogs barking at us. Usually, she'll say, "doggie", but today she barked back at them! LOL! Maeve is also a wonderful eater. She'll eat anything. So the fridge is a favorite of hers. She's good at leading me around and letting me know what she wants. I like that she can communicate more with us now. Even though she's a handful, she's at a fun age where she's interested in the origin of everything.

Kyra is adjusting to Kindy quite well. I take her in the mornings, but she rides the bus home. Maeve loves waiting for her in front of our house. I'm really proud of Kyra because she's been eating a lot in the cafeteria at school. She's trying new foods and not such a picky eater anymore. I credit her sister and some "peer pressure" for that. Kyra has homework on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She's learning to read sight words and she's learning to write beautifully. I can't believe how much she's improved on just writing her name in such a short time. On Tuesday afternoons after school, she takes dancing across the street. She loves that. Then this Sunday, she starts catechism classes at the church across the street from us. Today, we got a notice in the mail for that with her name on it. She thought that the letter was from God. She said, "I guess God knows my name!" LOL!

Kyra told me that she was a little mad at recess today because some of the kids that are in same class as the little boy next door called Kyra "his girlfriend". LOL! Kyra told me, "I'm not anybody's girlfriend!" You go girl! She also told me that her best friend at school copies everything that she does! Imagine that! I'm sure Kyra is used to it. Maeve does the same thing. ;)

Mia is well, just Mia. She hasn't changed one bit. She's still lazy and loves these girls. She hasn't moved from the sofa tonight. I saw her go outside to potty and then she came back in and put herself right back in the same spot! LOL!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Say this out loud, but not where Kyra can hear you.

"My dad works on a pirate ship with alot of apples."

Now say it while holding onto your tongue.

Don't teach that language to your kid!

Jen said...

I love those girls! I thought about you when we saw people sitting outside Wal-Mart with chihuahua puppies today!

Kim said...

Jen- I LOLed at your first comment. I knew exactly where you were going. ;) And you saw chihuahuas! You're lucky that Richard wasn't there because he would have snatched one up! Remember that's kind of the way he surprised me with Mia!

Susan- Yeah, let's get together soon! Besides, I have to get your passbook to you!