Friday, November 25, 2005

"But I'm only 4 years old......"

I have been begging Kyra to clean out her closet. Actually *I'm* the one that will do all of the chunking....I just want her to straighten it up so I can at least walk in it to hang up clothes. For those that don't know, Kyra has a small room and there's a queen sized bed in her room, so all of her toys are in her closet on shelves. This little set-up works well because she makes such a darn mess and all I have to do is close the doors and her room is "clean". That's fine till I can't stand it anymore. Right now, I'm at that point. I've told her that Santa will not bring new toys till we get rid of some of the old ones.

So today I ask her again if she will clean her closet and she says, "But mommy, I'm only 4 years old. I'm too young to do it." Um, sure. I responded by saying, "Well I'm 28 and I'm too darn old to do it, so you have to do it." Then I chuckled to myself. I'm sooooo turning into my own mother. I swore that I would never do things like dress my kids the same and bribe them to do stuff. And what do you know....here I am doing just that.

One day Kyra and Maeve will have kids that will make huge messes. Then they'll understand. And what's worse, they will have turned into ME! LOL! ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I hear my mother coming out of my mouth all the time.

Kyra's room is bigger than mine. Not by much, but she's got more space between the bed and each wall than I did when I had a queen in my old room!