Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mixed feelings....

For some strange reason it hit me today that Maeve is 1/2 year old. I started thinking about the amazing development that happens to a baby during their first year of life. It's really mind boggling. To think that they go from this tiny, innocent being to this free-spirited, extremely energetic toddler in a year's time is nothing short of a miracle. They say that you will never "learn" that much so quickly ever again in your lifetime. I believe it. Time flies. Soon she'll be talking and walking and whining like her sister does. ;)

Speaking of sisters, Kyra is freakin hilarious at bedtime. We have a routine where she potties and I help her brush her teeth. I read her a book and then she says her "own" prayer. This prayer has become a long, drawn out one where we pray for everyone and their dog. I love hearing her pray because: #1) I just love hearing her little voice speaking in this cute, yet soft tone and #2) You never know what she's going to pray for. The last few nights, she has prayed for things like doors, space aliens, "stuff", the lights, clothes....I just get such a kick out of hearing her come up with the most random things.

Oh, and if you're reading this blog and also have a 4 year old (you know who you are), please tell me that your kid BEGS for food as much as mine does! I swear that Kyra could eat all day long. It's NOT a growth spurt......this is just how she is. She'd eat me out of the house if she could! I often wonder if she ever gets full! Oh and Alien, I too wonder if I will ever be able to eat in peace again. Some day......

Kenny Chesney has a new CD out today. One of Randy Rogers' songs is on it. I'm not too sure how I feel about that. I'm happy that someone came along and noticed how much of a talent Randy is and how his songwriting is nothing short of amazing. I know that the CD will do well and that Randy will be reaping the benefits. BUT having said all that, I feel a little sad that Nashville has picked up on our "Texas Music scene".....like it was "our little secret" or something. I also hope that Randy gets all of the credit that he deserves if "Somebody Take Me Home" becomes a huge hit. I'd hate to think that people would like to give KC all of the credit for that song. Sure he recorded it, but Randy wrote it and recorded it first!

OK, I MUST go to bed now. Tomorrow is another day......

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah, leave the Texas music scene alone! Don't you have enough already?

I'm not too keen on Kenny Chesney. He's funny-lookin'.

wow. 1/2 year old. wow.