Friday, November 25, 2005

My husband, the "thief".....

Richard went to Lowes this morning because we got an ad in the mail the other day advertising $25 pre-lit Christmas trees for Friday only. I've been wanting a pre-lit tree for a while now. I hate putting the lights on a tree. It's such a hassle and usually Richard and I end up in a fight over it.

Richard comes home around 7:30 after he got off of work. HE GOT A TREE! THE LAST ONE! Here's the story behind it. He said that he walked in and there were people everywhere. He looked for that particular tree because it was 6.5 feet and he knew that it was marked down to $25. He didn't see one on the shelf. But guess where he found one? In a cart! He said it was all alone and "hidden"....like someone hadn't made up their mind about it and didn't want it "gone" while they looked for other trees. Richard stepped up to that cart and looked to his right and then looked to his left and didn't see anyone that gave him the evil eye, so he walked off with the cart! LOL!

It's now almost 10:00am and we have a tree up with lights and tinsel. When Maeve wakes up later, we'll put all of the ornaments on it. I'm so thrilled to have a smaller tree too. I can actually reach the top of it without standing on a stool! Kyra is so into decorating and is so excited to be putting it all up today.

I never shop on "Black Friday", but I guess getting the ad in the mail and having Richard check out the store this morning wasn't such a bad thing. And it was Lowes....it's not like I sent him to the mall at 5am with all of the other lunatics.

1 comment:

Jen said...

How fun! We're hiding out inside, too! Maybe I'll even feel motivated to get out our small trees. I've been wanting my Christmas movies and CDs, but not enough to venture into the closet...

We wanted to do some shopping at Best Buy online, but their server has been overloaded and shut down since yesterday afternoon. They had a "Thanksgiving Day Only" online sale- I told Kevin to place the order yesterday morning before he left...but he still hasn't learned to listen and take my advice...